Juan Samuel Isn't Considering Dropping Matusz From Rotation

oriolefaith

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems to me people are arguing with Old#5Fan just out of habit. It is easy for me to imagine circumstances where Matusz has to be sent to the minors to get back on track. I just don't think that two bad starts constitute those circumstances. But for argument's sake, let's just say Matusz has three more starts in a row that resemble the last two. In that circumstance, I'd have to think quite seriously about letting him work out his problems in AAA. We just aren't there right now, and hopefully never will be.

Apparently some others here are of the belief that Matusz being sent down would be unimaginable for some reason no matter how badly he fares. IMO he is hanging on the edge right now.

Everytime he says balderdash I giggle like a schoolgirl.

I don't know if any manly man should ever post a statement like that, and I am not being a wise acre. If I were you I think I would delate that statement and I will forget I ever saw it!

I am not wrong and neither are you. There are probably plenty examples both ways. I have already mentioned Tillman who seems to have benefited greatly by being sent down.

Tillman has thrown SEVEN INNINGS since he was recalled.

Can you please stop claiming after one start that he's "fixed?" Over the course of 162 games, guys are going to have ups and downs, especially when they're young.

Apparently some others here are of the belief that Matusz being sent down would be unimaginable for some reason no matter how badly he fares. IMO he is hanging on the edge right now.

Well, that's where we differ. Two bad starts doesn't put him on the edge.

However, I did feel yesterday that something looked wrong with his mechanics. So, if he can't fix that problem while pitching in the majors after say 3 more starts, yes I could see him being sent down.

Don't forget Matusz had a streak in May where he pitched very poorly 3 times out of 4. That was followed immediately by a stretch where he was very good in 6 out of 7. So, I can't get too worked up over two consecutive poor starts.

Tillman has thrown SEVEN INNINGS since he was recalled.

Can you please stop claiming after one start that he's "fixed?" Over the course of 162 games, guys are going to have ups and downs, especially when they're young.

I am not claiming he is fixed yet, but he looked night and day better and in fact has his best major league outing EVER after going back down. If if worked for him, --- I'm just saying!:eek:

Hell no I wouldn't.

Why not, it's just a color.

I can't believe this is still being discussed. Obviously he has had 2 rough starts in a row. It happens. Overall he has been at least average this year, with a bit of bad luck. If he continues to look bad this month, you have to at least think about it. But, right now it is out of the question to think that Matusz should be sent down.

Archived