Steve Johnson DFA

mdbdotcom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not surprised. Weird they wouldn't just NT him on this day.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If CJ Puffenstuff had trade value for the Mariners, then Steve Johnson may have trade value for the Orioles. I'm sure they'll try to trade him over the next ten days.

If CJ Puffenstuff had trade value for the Mariners, then Steve Johnson may have trade value for the Orioles. I'm sure they'll try to trade him over the next ten days.

CJR also has one option year, is lefty, and younger. And also didnt look completely lost in the majors like SJ did.

CJR also has one option year, is lefty, and younger. And also didnt look completely lost in the majors like SJ did.

CJR: 6.30 ERA, 1.55 WHIP in 20 IP in the majors.

SJ: 4.25 ERA, 1.37 ERA in 59 IP in the majors.

So elaborate on how CJR "didn't look completely lost in the majors like SJ did." Granted, SJ was good in 2012 but horrid in 2013 and 2015 during his various stints. But CJR hasn't been very impressive either time he has been up.

CJR: 6.30 ERA, 1.55 WHIP in 20 IP in the majors.

SJ: 4.25 ERA, 1.37 ERA in 59 IP in the majors.

So elaborate on how CJR "didn't look completely lost in the majors like SJ did." Granted, SJ was good in 2012 but horrid in 2013 and 2015 during his various stints. But CJR hasn't been very impressive either time he has been up.

I was referring to 2015 in regards to Johnson. Especially for how good he was in AAA it was surprising how awful he was in the majors. Just watching him pitch was painful in September, as in literally lost.

And his career major league numbers only look decent due to his 2012 season, which seems like the outlier now.

Johnson, 28, logged a 2.11 ERA with 46 strikeouts against 18 walks in 38 1/3 innings for Baltimore back in 2012 but has tallied just 21 innings of 8.14 ERA ball in the Majors since that time. He’s spent stints on the disabled list due to a lat injury and an oblique injury since that successful rookie debut and also spent considerable time at the Triple-A level. Johnson has 317 1/3 career innings at Triple-A, where he’s worked to a 4.20 ERA with 8.5 K/9 against 4.0 BB/9.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/orioles-steve-johnson-dfa.html

CJR dominated lefties in the minors. He should get a look as a left handed relief option if Matusz is moved or brought back as a starter.

Do you know if they plan to work Berry out of the pen next season? I'd like to see this guy, Berry, and Cabral have a battle royale for that roster spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know if they plan to work Berry out of the pen next season? I'd like to see this guy, Berry, and Cabral have a battle royale for that roster spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berry began working out of the bullpen last year, but wasnt much better than when he was starting. And then eventually lost the year to injury. Berry shouldnt be in the conversation at all.

Archived