Orioles scouts will be watching Rich Hill today

Dark Helmet

Plenty of eyes will be on left-hander Rich Hill on Sunday as he makes what could be his final start with the Athletics, writes Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle. Scouts from a handful of playoff-contending clubs ? the Red Sox, Rangers, Orioles, Marlins and Tigers ? will be in attendance to observe Hill?s outing home against the Blue Jays.

Oakland would like to land a similar package that they got for Kazmir. That would be along the lines of Harvey and Sisco I think.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's a rental. Have to assume the age factor doesn't matter for the next 3 months.

Even though he is a rental, I could totally see him falling off a cliff performance wise at any point, especially after his DL stint. It just seems really risky to me. Granted, I would be fine giving up one prospect but I would not be willing to sell the farm for him.

Even though he is a rental, I could totally see him falling off a cliff performance wise at any point, especially after his DL stint. It just seems really risky to me. Granted, I would be fine giving up one prospect but I would not be willing to sell the farm for him.

I agree. A change of scenery could turn Hill back into the pitcher he used to be, waiver wire material. I assume the A's demands from the O's would be a package headed up by Bundy. I think there's a decent chance that Bundy is as good a starter as Hill for the rest of the year. I assume Hill would beat him on innings. If the O's are going to give up a boatload of prospects it should be for a pitcher who is controlled for more than the remainder of the year.

If the As mention Sisco or Bundy you say "nice talking with ya". I just don't see Hill keeping this up.

When he was with the O's I remember thinking he had one of the nastiest curve balls by a lefty.

I'd rather give up something like Sisco for Matt Moore. Someone under team control for more than just 3 months.

Oh well. Need to do something here. I just hope this isn't another Parra.

If the As mention Sisco or Bundy you say "nice talking with ya". I just don't see Hill keeping this up.

When he was with the O's I remember thinking he had one of the nastiest curve balls by a lefty.

I'd rather give up something like Sisco for Matt Moore. Someone under team control for more than just 3 months.

Oh well. Need to do something here. I just hope this isn't another Parra.

I agree I don't mind giving up Sisco or Mancini if you get the guy for more then a year. That is why I was fine with Norris deal got a pitcher for 2 and a half years. If the packages are equal or close get Moore maybe bit less upside potential for year but lower ceiling and extra contro.

Should have just beat their offer in the offseason.

He had one good month after being in Indy ball earlier in the year. At 6 million that was a very big gamble most on here me included thought it was an awful deal in off season.

I would be very disappointed if the team gives up any significant value for Hill. Looks like a Parra situation all over again - except probably more costly. Orioles should look somewhere else for rotation help.

He had one good month after being in Indy ball earlier in the year. At 6 million that was a very big gamble most on here me included thought it was an awful deal in off season.

6 million is nothing nowadays for a SP. Especially for a lefty. Matusz got tendered and got 4 million to be a glorified LOOGY. Hill could have flopped as a starter and still had value out of the pen.

I don't want to have to give up Sisco for a guy that is only going to be here two months and might be hurt. But then again I really like winning.

I would be very disappointed if the team gives up any significant value for Hill. Looks like a Parra situation all over again - except probably more costly. Orioles should look somewhere else for rotation help.

Bingo.

Archived