• 806 replies
    • 79.2k views
    • 76 replies
    • 5.2k views
    • 230 replies
    • 28.1k views
    • 96 replies
    • 10.2k views
    • I wouldn’t trade Holliday for Webb. Some of his profile worries me enough not to do that. But you touched on the Holliday stuff well. I saw an MLbTR chat today and someone suggested trading Holliday and the guy doing the chat was like, I’m amazed at how many Os fans want to trade Holliday because of a bad 36 PA stretch.    People are acting like Holliday is a finished product. I really don’t feel people are grasping the concept of how old he is. Of course, some of these are the same people who thought GRod was overrated judging by his early ML results, Cowser isn’t good and can’t play defense, Gunnar was overhyped, Kjerstad can’t catch the ball, etc…fans have become essentially twitter…in other words, it’s instant knee jerk reactions and have to get that thought out there as soon as possible. I don’t have a problem with someone pointing out flaws. Banks has talked about his arm for a year. Others talk about being worried about the leg kick. I get it. But again, he’s 20. He should be a sophomore in college. Instead, he’s putting up numbers in pro ball that Adley didn’t approach until well into his college career.    The Os love how advanced he is at his age.    He will be fine. We will look back on this thread over time and laugh at some of the takes.
    • When did Santander hit 40 homers?   I missed it. Westburg is worth 2.7 Fwar.  Kirby 2.5 WAR.   What does an even swap do for them?
    • It does seem like he’s got vertigo again, but don’t understand the need for secrecy if it is. 
    • But why move Westburg to the outfield when he's a much better defensive infielder than Holliday, and when Holliday could just as easily convert to an OF? Holliday is around as fast as Westburg, so he'd have a better chance of converting to CF, as well as all 3 OF in general positions, without sacrificing infield defense. Holliday is a mediocre defensive 2B at best, even worse at SS. I don't think a lot of casual fans realize that yet.