Toronto without the HGH

weams

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you are saying, that if a guy that averages 8 hrs a year suddenly hits 40, it doesnt enter your mind? The OP was correct and he isnt the only one that is thinking it.

Sure it enters my mind. Just like when I see someone swerving on the road the first thought in my mind is "this guy must be on crack." But I try not to pull over and tweet to the world that license plate #XXXYYY is being driven by a crack smoker. I try to allow the rational part of my brain a few seconds to catch up, and that the more likely thing is that the guy was talking on the phone or changing the radio station.

I'm sure those fans will be waiting, ready to pounce, for the inevitable false positive.

I'm glad that most Americans aren't willing to give up basic freedoms for rumor control.

Most American's have nothing to hide. Alot of americans can be drug tested at work and be FIRED for a positive test. Try if you want Mr. Cochran, however, players should be Blood tested and the only reason they aren't is because the union has made it a point in the CBA.

Most American's have nothing to hide. Alot of americans can be drug tested at work and be FIRED for a positive test. Try if you want Mr. Cochran, however, players should be Blood tested and the only reason they aren't is because the union has made it a point in the CBA.

1. I bet most Americans do have something to hide.

2. Yes, they can be drug tested, but I'm sure there are very few that are blood tested.

I don't disagree. They brought all of this on themselves.

But if you aren't living a lie, why do you have to prove it.

Only because the uncertainty has hurt baseball. Thats my only point. If a few players would step up and volunteer to be tested, it would force everyone to be tested. Then we can all not have to wonder. I don't want to have to explain to my grandson why the alltime home run kinf isnt in the hall of fame.

You're regularly subjected to blood tests? I know I'm not. I know most folks with security clearances aren't blood tested, and are only rarely subjected to any drug tests at all. You're arguing that the players should give up what they've negotiated, I'm sure for nothing in return, and be subjected to a higher level of scrutiny than a nuclear engineer for the DoD.

Only because the uncertainty has hurt baseball. Thats my only point. If a few players would step up and volunteer to be tested, it would force everyone to be tested. Then we can all not have to wonder. I don't want to have to explain to my grandson why the alltime home run kinf isnt in the hall of fame.

What about the all-time hits leader?

You're regularly subjected to blood tests? I know I'm not. I know most folks with security clearances aren't blood tested, and are only rarely subjected to any drug tests at all. You're arguing that the players should give up what they've negotiated, I'm sure for nothing in return, and be subjected to a higher level of scrutiny than a nuclear engineer for the DoD.

WOW, you must be a union guy.

All kinds of stuff that's difficult to explain to kids. The Barry Bonds situation isn't among my top 100 most worrisome.

Oh, and we'll always be wondering. Some significant fraction of players from the 1940s or 50s until today were on something. We'll never know about 90% of them.

It would prove little, and most folks don't have a certified drug testing lab 15 seconds from their home/work.

Who exactly would be paying for your daily tests? Doctors, nurses, technicians, lab time, equipment - they're not free.

The blood can be taken in the clubhouse. Dont kid yourself, if the players volunteered, MLB would jump at the chance to pay.

Archived