Toronto without the HGH

weams

All kinds of stuff that's difficult to explain to kids. The Barry Bonds situation isn't among my top 100 most worrisome.

Oh, and we'll always be wondering. Some significant fraction of players from the 1940s or 50s until today were on something. We'll never know about 90% of them.

Nothing on this board is in my top 10,000.

Question: if you had a vote for the HOF, do you vote for Bonds, Clemens, Raffy?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't be serious. So you are driving to work, and pass a guy with blook all over his hands and shirt, you then pass someone laying on the ground with a knife in him. Are you that Johnny Cochren, that its wrong to make an assumption that maybe the guy did it? The OP had every right to make that leap. I'm sure you were one of those guys cheering Barry Bonds was getting better at an age when the best players of all time were barely hanging on at the same age. Here is the sand, please insert head.

This is pathetic. Beyond pathetic. I mean...you should be ashamed. Regardless, there's nothing left to rationally discuss here. And in a few days, when your pride gets out of the way, you will be ashamed.

And you wonder why you get neg repped.

What is the purpose of this slander?

You never heard the expression walk a mile in some ones shoes before you pass judgement? He is simply saying that if people on their high horse were to find themselves in the shoes of those they are passing judgement on they would very likely make the same choices. How is that slander?

This is pathetic. Beyond pathetic. I mean...you should be ashamed. Regardless, there's nothing left to rationally discuss here. And in a few days, when your pride gets out of the way, you will be ashamed.

And what is shameful, is people defending a group of players that LIED TO CONGRESS, LIED to the american people and their employers. When they got caught red handed, then and only then did they agree to be tested for Steriods. That is a discusting. As a group they should be ashamed and submit to any testing MLB wanted to impliment.

No one here is arguing that taking PEDs is good nor bad.

What little credibility you had is slowly slipping away.

Bonds, has never tested positive. Like the players in toronto. Show me the difference. He has not been convicted of anything YET. If he strings his case out for 5 years, do you vote for him for the HOF?

I have no pride, im a PED taking major league baseball player,lol

I don't see anyone in this thread defending steroid users. What I'm defending is the entire 2010 Blue Jays team which you have decided, based on no evidence, no tests, no anything, to condemn as cheaters. If anything, the evidence of the steroid era shows that steroid users are everywhere. They aren't just power hitters, they're speed demons and slap hitters and slick fielders, and Christians and family men and founders of charities and everything else. And your baseless accusations, thankfully, mean nothing, since you're a faceless soon to be ex-member of a message board. But the principle deserves to be upheld and you ought to be ashamed.

I believe you have posted a number of these links before and I read a bunch of them and cannot believe in a theory that suggests that PED's had no impact on improving players production. For one, the theory (at least from the articles I read) seems to ignore that pitchers were not also using PED to somewhat counter balance the effect of increased offensive production. Two: MarkM, Bonds and Sosa....especially Bonds late surge in power, these facts cannot be ignored.
You prove my point about the general ignorance of PEDs. I was talking about steroids before and cited several studies about them. Now I'm talking about HgH and citing different studies. They are not the same thing. But how would you know, if you really read any of them, you clearly didn't understand them.

And what is shameful, is people defending a group of players that LIED TO CONGRESS, LIED to the american people and their employers. When they got caught red handed, then and only then did they agree to be tested for Steriods. That is a discusting. As a group they should be ashamed and submit to any testing MLB wanted to impliment.

Actually...we're defending the innocent people who shouldn't be forced to be put through the gauntlet because of other peoples' past mistakes.

Understand?

Bonds, has never tested positive. Like the players in toronto. Show me the difference. He has not been convicted of anything YET. If he strings his case out for 5 years, do you vote for him for the HOF?

Lets see, there is factual evidence against Bonds. There is no evidence against the Toronto players. Don't understand why this is hard to understand.

You never heard the expression walk a mile in some ones shoes before you pass judgement? He is simply saying that if people on their high horse were to find themselves in the shoes of those they are passing judgement on they would very likely make the same choices. How is that slander?

Because the post was directed at Drungo who was actually making a point, unlike most people in this thread.

Archived