6-21 vs. Pirates -- First day of summer!

scOtt

Rules question. If Cedeno allowed himself to be hit by that ball, the runners would be placed on first and second, correct? What is to stop a base-runner from intentionally being hit by a tailor made double-play ball?

I dont believe anything, I remember a story of a guy hitting .299 on the last day of the season. Man on first, the guy hitting .299 hits a slow roller to second and the runner intentionally let the ball hit him so the guy could hot .300. I will try and find it.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My mother had a gangleon cyst on her wrist for years when I was a kid. It did affect her strength in that arm. She eventually got it removed. Wow, I'm shocked I'd never heard that before.

I actually have one right now on the back part of my wrist. I'm pretty sure that they can be easily drained with a hypodermic needle.

I actually have one right now on the back part of my wrist. I'm pretty sure that they can be easily drained with a hypodermic needle.

They call it the Bible Cyst. People used to whack them with a Bible or another large book to break the cyst. Even though Rupture of the cyst was rarely effective.

I dont believe anything, I remember a story of a guy hitting .299 on the last day of the season. Man on first, the guy hitting .299 hits a slow roller to second and the runner intentionally let the ball hit him so the guy could hot .300. I will try and find it.

I'm pretty sure that when a runner is hit by a batted ball, the play is dead, the runner is out, and the batter is credited with a single. It's the answer to the trivia question, "how can a team get six hits in an inning without scoring?"

Archived