Whoopsie Daisy!!!!!!!

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm, I thought at first this could possibly explain Butch Davis' abrupt firing from UNC, but it sounds like all this started immediately after Davis left following the 2000 season. If they get a lighter punishment than USC did, then something is seriously wrong. This is almost in SMU "death penalty" territory.

The media feeding frenzy is going to be epic. Most programs that get caught for this were actually good, rather than crappy. FML.

Sorry buddy.

This kinda stuff really makes you cringe. Of course, we are talking about the NCAA here. Who knows what they'll do, it could be a minor slap on the wrist!!!!!!

Hmmmm' date=' I thought at first this could possibly explain Butch Davis' abrupt firing from UNC, but it sounds like all this started immediately after Davis left following the 2000 season. If they get a lighter punishment than USC did, then something is seriously wrong. This is almost in SMU "death penalty" territory.[/quote']

Its interesting. Even though this sounds worse than the SMU scandal if even half of what is said is true, the NCAA has specific circumstances in which to automatically punish a school with the "death penalty". They appear to be multiple "major" violations within five years. They can punish otherwise, but they are too scared to kill another program like they did SMU; that would be doubly so for a major program like Miami. And I don't think Miami has any violations recent enough or major enough to kick in the automatic rule.

Its interesting. Even though this sounds worse than the SMU scandal if even half of what is said is true, the NCAA has specific circumstances in which to automatically punish a school with the "death penalty". They appear to be multiple "major" violations within five years. They can punish otherwise, but they are too scared to kill another program like they did SMU; that would be doubly so for a major program like Miami. And I don't think Miami has any violations recent enough or major enough to kick in the automatic rule.

Yeah, I don't think the NCAA will hand out another DP, which I think coincidentally gets handed to Shapiro in jail. We are screwed, but I dont think there will ever be another SMU type punishment. All this crap reminds me of steroids in baseball. Not surprised, will be devastating, but not surprised,and not because it's Miami. Creepo boosters are a dime a dozen across the NCAA, ours, unfortunately,is one of the biggest scumbags this side of Madoff. Once again, FML. Gettin drunk tonight.

Out of all the low-down stuff I came across while glancing through that article, the one, if true, that makes me the sickest is providing hush money to the girl to have an abortion. Yeah she's an exotic dancer, but that's some pretty sick stuff, and his comment was pretty putrid.

All I can hope is that Ed Reed wasn't involved in anything. That would be a tough one to accept.

Archived