John Hart the next O's GM?

Tony-OH

We'd probably get the Hart somewhere in the middle. I don't suspect he would be as successful as he was in Cleveland, and I don't suspect he'd be as bad as he was in Texas.
Besides blind hope, why would anyone think that anyone would come to THIS organization and have MORE success than they had in a better environment?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And yet, Jtrea considers this to be a positive.

Not that it is the amount of Park's contract, but MacPhail had more bad signings that positive signings. Atkins, DLee, Vlad, Tejada, Zaun, and Millar.

All of those "stopgap/mediocre/waste of money guys all together cost us: 4.5, 8, 8, 6, 1.5, 3.8 (Millar's 2008 salary) = 31.8 Million dollars, that MacPhail basically just threw down the drain on mediocre players therefore they were bag signings. Every GM has his bad signings...

Not that it is the amount of Park's contract, but MacPhail had more bad signings that positive signings. Atkins, DLee, Vlad, Tejada, Zaun, and Millar.

All of those "stopgap/mediocre/waste of money guys all together cost us: 4.5, 8, 8, 6, 1.5, 3.8 (Millar's 2008 salary) = 31.8 Million dollars, that MacPhail basically just threw down the drain on mediocre players therefore they were bag signings. Every GM has his bad signings...

The only good thing about those signings were they were 1 year deals.

Come on, man. Some of us have family members that lived under Stalinist rule. Genocide isn't funny.

Sometimes it's a little funny:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08akOt2kuo?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08akOt2kuo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Roch says one man for the job of replacing Andy MacPhail and John Hart not on the list he has been given though Thad Levine may possible interview.

Go, Thad! Fingers crossed. The more I think about it, the more I think an arrangement of Hart as President and Thad as GM would be perfect. Thad trying to wrestle with Peter/Buck for influence would be a disaster - having an old, trusted guy like Hart as a buffer between Levine and Peter/Buck could be perfect... like the Larry Lucchino/Theo Epstein model that worked so well in Boston. A guy can dream. I'm concerned though that John Angelos would veto such a move, as a threat to his eventual sovereignty.

Archived