Fielder to O's "just isn't going to happen"

.500_OR_BETTER

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Obama has never explicitly said he's not going to drop a nuke on Cleveland, either. Sometimes you have to fill in the blanks, even if it's a real puzzler: Duquetoe and Angelos are not going to sign Princa Frelder.

That God I found the code. There for a second I thought it meant Duquette and Angelos were not going to sign Prince Fielder.

The key is it's Connolly's opinion.

Nobody really knows what Duquette and Angelos are thinking right now.

If the Orioles were only willing to pay 18 million per season, they wouldn't bother pursuing him, and Fielder would have no interest. So that part I don't buy for a second...

Simple question. Please don't duck it or dodge it:

If you had to bet every single thing you own, all of your worldly possessions including your home, car, pets, etc......would you bet on the Orioles signing Prince Fielder? Yes or no?

The key is it's Connolly's opinion.Nobody really knows what Duquette and Angelos are thinking right now.

If the Orioles were only willing to pay 18 million per season, they wouldn't bother pursuing him, and Fielder would have no interest. So that part I don't buy for a second...

No its not...Its what he has been told.

This is all about common sense...Try using some.

Simple question. Please don't duck it or dodge it:

If you had to bet every single thing you own, all of your worldly possessions including your home, car, pets, etc......would you bet on the Orioles signing Prince Fielder? Yes or no?

I'd say we've got a 50% chance. So no.

But people are severely underestimating the Orioles chances IMO.

MacPhail is no longer at the helm and Duke has signed and traded for premium talent before...

50% chance?

So, you think the Orioles are the favorite to sign him? Because if you put that % against the rest of the field, the orioles would obviously be the leader.

I believe we match up the best. The key is going to be the $.

And that's going to be an Angelos decision...

And based on that information, combined with everything you know and have seen from this organization over the past however long you've been following them, you think the Orioles have a 50% chance of signing Prince Fielder.

The Orioles match up the best with Fielder? Let's see:

Quality organization - no.

Winning organization - about as far from that as is possible without being a minor league team.

Flush with cash - no.

On the verge of the playoffs - not even close, arguably as far away as any MLB team.

Opening at first base - well, yea.

You're right, the key is money. If the O's bid vastly more than any other team, more than would even be conceivably reasonable, they might get Fielder to stop by Sabatino's for a pile of linguine on his way to signing with a better team.

Let the hate flow through you. :vader::vader::vader:

Oh no, I harbor zero hate for Trea. I just kinda feel bad for him, allowing himself to believe every year only to be disappointed over and over and over again.

Lucy's gonna pull the football out again, unfortunately. Most of us have decided just to punt.

Actually, I'm kind of interested in why you think they match up the best. Then I want to you think about how any of those criteria separate the Orioles from the Pirates or the Royals.

The Pirates need a first baseman and a middle of the order hitter badly. The Pirates have sagging attendance at a beautiful park that's reasonably friendly to a home run hitter. The Pirates have a fanbase that's would surely be reawakened by winning for the first time in 15+ years. The Pirates have a low payroll and plenty of room to sign a free agent if only their owner would try to invest in his product a little. The Pirates have a core of young talent that needs to be taken to the next level. They have a pitching staff that really needs run support. The Pirates need an injection of hope to boost ticket sales. I'm 50% sure the Pirates are going to sign Fielder.

Archived