vs. INDIANS 7/01

OFFNY

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've seen this song and dance before. Pitcher new to the league, looks great, book gets out, and he gets his ass handed to him and has a short career. We're just as likely to have this happen as we are to have found a long term solution in the rotation, based on what he's done today.

Unike Matusz, Miguel throws strikes, he can keep us in a ballgame.

Roberts' performance has been bad enough. Giving up on dribblers is starting to piss me off.

You know this really pisses me off. Brob basically had a swinging bunt there and has speed, as a real professional baseball player he is obligated to put pressure on the pitcher there by actually busting his ass down the line. Sure it is an out most of the time in the majors but you still have to make the pitcher hurry the most that you can. Also, while in baseball you can't always control your results you damn sure can control your effort on every play. Buck needs to have conversation with Brob, it is not his first time giving about 80% effort since his return.

You know this really pisses me off. Brob basically had a swinging bunt there and has speed, has a real professional baseball player he is obligated to put pressure on the pitcher there by actually busting his ass down the line. Sure it is an out most of the time in the majors but you still have to make the pitcher hurry the most that you can. Also, while in baseball you can't always control your results you damn sure can control your effort on every play. Buck needs to have conversation with Brob, it is not his first time giving about 80% effort since his return.

And the conversation needs to revolve around one question: "are you physically and mentally capable, day-in and day-out, of being a major league ballplayer?"

This post has thrust me into the Hall of Fame. I would like to thank my family, the Orioles Hangout organization for believing in me, and keeping me here for so long. I couldn't have done it without you guys!

Put some Birds on it! You deserve one!

(can't find the vid...)

Archived