The Eastern Division Race is Over?

bmoreosfan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We still have a decent chance of making it to the playoffs this year. It's better than having no chance at all. We all have to realize that this team won around twenty more games this season than we were expecting them to win so we need to keep our heads up and be proud. This is the most fun baseball season I've had in a very long time. Baltimore is going to be a much more attractive place for free agents this offseason. Imagine how good this team will be if the front office adds some bigger pieces to our team for next year. The future is bright. Baltimore baseball is relevant again. Sure it's a bummer that we probably won't win the division but let's try to keep our expectations realistic. This season has been a resounding success no matter which way you slice it.

It's tough to keep everything in perspective like that when we're finally back in a pennant race, so we all want to capitalize on being in this position because as we know nothing is for granted. It could take us another 15 years to be back in this same spot. That being said, I do agree with you.

I get the sense that reality has hit this team. I don't mean that they don't think they can win games, but I mean the reality that they are on the verge of making the playoffs. We aren't the most experienced team in this situation, and the players don't look as loose, or like they are just out there having fun. I feel as though the pressure may be catching up with them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I get the sense that reality has hit this team. I don't mean that they don't think they can win games, but I mean the reality that they are on the verge of making the playoffs. We aren't the most experienced team in this situation, and the players don't look as loose, or like they are just out there having fun. I feel as though the pressure may be catching up with them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with this. Tonite's game was the first time I had the feeling that the O's players were pressing. Hopefully a win tomorrow, and then sitting back and watching some of the competition lose between now and Friday, will quell any anxiety and get them back to playing their best.

This is the problem. Add to that, seems like everyone comes to bat with one thing in mind, hit it over the fence. Need some base hits mindedness.

This is the problem. Add to that, seems like everyone comes to bat with one thing in mind, hit it over the fence. Need some base hits mindedness.

Too many guys trying to hit 5-run HRs with no one on base. Machado took a walk in the 9th but on a 2-0 pitch swung for Towson with a man on first and down by 4. Just get on base!

It seems like the NYY time their losses very well.

I agree with the poster who said the O's may be tight. This is a new situation to nearly all of them, with the exception of Thome and maybe a couple of veteran pitchers. What they need to do is go back to having fun again.

I think they will be fine.

Archived