Would you trade Bundy straight up for Stanton?

ChaosLex

Would you trade Bundy straight up for Stanton?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Bundy straight up for Stanton?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stanton is lighting up the league at age 20-22.

.290/.361/.608

37 HR

30 2B

Superstar for years to come and cheaply. Miguel Cabrera territory. Bundy has proven nothing. Nothing. These pitching prospects bust all the time. No brainer and I'm shocked the poll is this close. And why? 'Cause Bundy got hyped up to deity levels by dominating Delmarva? Delmarva!

Think about it. Even if Bundy does become a #1 years from now at worst the trade would be considered a draw. One team got an ace the other got an offensive superstar. Big difference being Bundy is a question mark while Stanton is already a proven stud.

I love Bundy but would do this trade. The chances of Stanton collapsing are FAR smaller than the chances of Bundy never developing into his potential. I didn't realize how good Stanton was until I looked at his numbers. He would probably be the best player on our team and is under team control until 2017. We could probably sign him to a 4/40 deal upon arrival and save some money on arbitration. A MOO like Stanton is almost as valuable as an ace pitcher, and the proven commodity wins out every time. I'd even be willing to throw in any prospect besides Schoop or Gausman.

Like I was told once, prospects should be called suspects. There's never a sure thing. I wasn't impressed with Bundy's stuff when he was called up. 91-92 with poor command doesn't look like #1 stuff to me. I know it was a sss, so maybe he was tired. I was under the impression Bundy threw in the mid-upper 90's.

Bundy averaged 94.99 MPH on 27 fastballs in his two outings. He threw six changeups, five curveballs and five cutter/sliders. His stuff wasn't dominant but considering it was probably his first relief appearances of his life and he didn't have his normal warm-up routine, I'd say he did alright for a 19-year old.

Like I was told once, prospects should be called suspects. There's never a sure thing. I wasn't impressed with Bundy's stuff when he was called up. 91-92 with poor command doesn't look like #1 stuff to me. I know it was a sss, so maybe he was tired. I was under the impression Bundy threw in the mid-upper 90's.

What NINETEEN year old looks polished in the majors?

I guess what you need to ask yourself is do you think four years of Stanton is going to be worth more than six years of Bundy?

We have no one in our system with Stanton's ability with the bat. He's a true MOO hitter. Bundy has the POTENTIAL to be a number one pitcher in the big leagues. I guess you have to look at the current team and system.

Without Bundy, the Orioles would still have Hammel, Gausman, Tillman, Gonzalez, Chen, Britton, Johnson, Arrieta and Matusz as potential starting candidates. Even if you take Matusz and Arrieta out and put them in the bullpen, that's seven solid under 30 starting candidates.

So looking at all the variables, yes, I would trade Bundy for Stanton.

Its a good curve no doubt ... Do you think its better than Gregg Olson's?

Not sure. I remember the hammer and its hype, but I'm a bit too young to remember it visually. Can't find any video either. Have you seen any?

I do know that from what I've seen in person, MiL hitters just looked lost and scared. One kid basically ran for cover.

Archived