2012 DVD coming out

Greg

The BUCKle Up Birds: An Underdog Story

Spread the Word

The 2012 season was one of the most exciting and memorable years in Baltimore Orioles history. Now you can relive all of the exciting moments, one-run nail biters, extra inning thrillers and the return of postseason baseball to Birdland. Be among the first to own "The BUCKle Up Birds: An Underdog Story" by pre-ordering your copy today. Expected ship date for "The BUCKle Up Birds" is mid-January.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/fan_forum/buckleup.jsp

Cool let's give them more money not to spend on players

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would have been nice to have it out for Christmas.

Maybe they'll have it at FanFest. I want to go this year and that will give me another good reason.

Not having this ready for Christmas just makes me shake my head. Great idea, but the marketing department should be quite embarrassed.

Not having this ready for Christmas just makes me shake my head. Great idea, but the marketing department should be quite embarrassed.
Exactly. I got excited thinking I could buy this for my daughter, for Xmas. Epic fail.Hey, with your pre-order, you get a snappy PDF picture file telling them that they will be getting the DVD ... in January. So there's that :o

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• If Ced was willing to take a 3-year deal buying out his last arb deal then yes, I think the Orioles have to consider doing that.  Now, the question is, do they think Cowser can play CF adequately allowing them to open up LF? He doesn't have enough 2+ star attempts to judge his jump yet, but he's already at 2 OAA and he looks like the guy I've seen in the minors defensively. His sprint speed is 73rd percentile this year and Ced is only slightly faster at 78th percentile. The issue is that Cowser is a big dude and will slow faster than Mullins did. There is also Bradfield possibility in two years or so if he can start driving the ball more.    
    • I believe we'll see some Mullins-EBJ overlap next season, and Mullins-EBJ-Cowser units should be pretty sweet.
    • It takes about 3 seconds to get up to speed.   That’s why Statcast measures “jump” as the distance the fielder travels in the first three seconds (further divided into “reaction” in the first 1.5 seconds and “burst” in the second 1.5).   Mullins is doing very well on jump this year, at +2.4 feet (covering 37.8 feet).  He wasn’t as good last year.  https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/outfield_jump
    • Cedric Mullins is only 29 years old.  He's been an All-Star, a Silver Slugger, a 30-30 player, and has received MVP votes. Out of all players who have played at least 1500 innings in CF since the start of 2022, he ranks 4th in DRS (13) according to Fielding Bible. Out of all players in baseball who played at least 125 games in CF each season, he was 2nd in OPS in 2021 (.878), 7th in OPS in 2022 (.721), and is currently 3rd in OPS this season for everyday CF'ers (.872), behind Trout and Merrill. He's been worth 13.5 rWAR over the past 3 seasons and change. He's a consensus Top 10 center fielder.
    • Orioles pitching seems to be leaning into Yield HR, not Walks - MLB best in lowest walk rate by a nice margin entering today. 2nd half 2023 Grayson smothered HR, but he's coughed up a few so far.    The Twins are a HR oriented offense, so I'd guess 1 HR or less becomes a good outing.
    • Mullins is swinging the bat well right now.  His LD rate is up and his PU rate is down.  If that continues, he's in for a really good offensive year.  The last time he was able to keep his PU rate down this low was 2021. K% is a small question mark.  But if it comes with power in the 6 or 7 spot, I'll take it. It's a SSS and can regress quickly.  But we're now seeing what we've wanted to see the last 2 years.
    • Mullins is 14th in ft/per average, with all outfielders and I don't think it was updated since last night. That's still well above average. So yes, there are speedier outfielders but I still think that catch has to be higher than a 65% catch percentage. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now