PECOTA projects the Orioles record at 74-88

Tony-OH

According to the Clubhouse Confidential on MLB Network, PECOTA projects the Orioles record at 74-88.

So we have Vegas giving us the over/under at 76.5 and PECOTA projected 74 wins.

I know this has been beat into the ground, but it does goes to show that besides some optimism from the fans and organization, most people predict a deep dive for the Orioles in 2013.

Me, I think we're about an 82 win team give or take 4-5 wins.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the Clubhouse Confidential on MLB Network, PECOTA projects the Orioles record at 74-88.

I know this has been beat into the ground, but it does goes to show that besides some optimism from the fans and organization, most people predict a deep dive for the Orioles in 2013.

Here's the AL East

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/130159-Pecota-2013

97 wins. I'm confident. We have ten guys about to come into their own. Guys just entering their prime who will improve their performance from last year. I've been playing and coaching this game for over 40 years and I have a feeling about this team. I fully acknowledge that most will think I'm an unabashed homer who shouldn't be listened to. That's fine with me. There is a reason Wieters wants to be a career Oriole. It isn't because he wants to win 74 games each year. It isn't because he thinks the pitching staff will be found wanting. Who better then a catcher to give you an idea of what to expect from a team?

I have no reason to believe that we could lose more games with this team than you expect.

97 wins. I'm confident. We have ten guys about to come into their own. Guys just entering their prime who will improve their performance from last year. I've been playing and coaching this game for over 40 years and I have a feeling about this team. I fully acknowledge that most will think I'm an unabashed homer who shouldn't be listened to. That's fine with me. There is a reason Wieters wants to be a career Oriole. It isn't because he wants to win 74 games each year. It isn't because he thinks the pitching staff will be found wanting. Who better then a catcher to give you an idea of what to expect from a team?

That's odd. I'm wearing a #32 t-shirt right now. Under a sweat shirt...

"O"r we could have matured into a dominant force... Gotta play tough again against the AL East, or 74 could be a reality. Pitching & defense wins ! However, big years from Wieters, Hardy, Davis & Reimold will sure help the cause. I'm assuming we'll get what we need from Kakes & AJ. So, we shall see. BUCKle up.

I love the bullpen! Usually pens are some tarot card impossibility. Year to year. But I feel great with this whole group. Too many arms, I dread the day when one of them has to be lost.

Whatever Drungo says, I say! :slytf: (78 - 88 wins)

:agree:

I think we are right on last year, only getting there a little easier. 88-94 wins. I am really confident that

the pitching staff takes a step forward, and good pitching and defense for the entire year to me translates

into at least a few more easy wins than they had to pull out last year.

I'm certainly not expecting the O's to win the division but every team in the AL East has both a lot of question marks and a lot of talent. I won't be surprised if the Orioles are 4th or 5th in the division and I won't be surprised if they're 1st or 2nd. This is the most parity the division has seen in some years, maybe ever. I'm incredibly excited about this season because the division is going to be a clustercuss. Whether the Orioles make it to the playoffs or not, I'm sure they'll bloody their share of noses. Can't wait!

Archived