vs. Red Sox 7-28

scOtt

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe we can get a run? Or a hit? Or a good at bat? Or hit the ball remotely hard?

Not going to happen. I've seen dominant Lester and he showed up today. Maybe they can get to the bullpen but I've seen this game a lot in the past.

Manny has fallen below 300. I hope Davis doesn't get there as well, but he keeps swing and that garbage like that, he could.

Chris Davis is really not a .300 hitter. .280-.290 in a good year.. 30+ homers. RBIs will come.

I think everyone knows this team is in trouble. Woogie wasn't able to keep the Red Sox down and they have to run out Arrieta part deaux every five days.. Davis has struck out in one out of every three PAs since June 1st. He's getting behind in every AB because he won't take pitches that are clearly out of the strike zone. Machado has a sub .700 OPS since June 1st. Markakis has .600 OPS against lefties and he's our leadoff hitter? I'm not a chicken little, but for the first time this season I'm concerned. Too many factors are making it look bleak for the O's and more than just a bad week of baseball.

I agree completely. The home run binge by Davis really was an aberration that hid a lot of these structural issues that are now glaringly apparent. This is much more like the team I expected to see in 2013 when looking at them in the offseason.

Archived