Granderson?

andrewrickli

Well then I guess you are for Pearce in LF next year. Who else is there?

I didn't say I was against the platoon, I was just skeptical of it.

I don't know what we will do about left field, my hunch is that they will just resign McLouth and role him out there. Bad idea IMO, as McLouth is on the downside as well.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't say I was against the platoon, I was just skeptical of it.

I don't know what we will do about left field, my hunch is that they will just resign McLouth and role him out there. Bad idea IMO, as McLouth is on the downside as well.

What's your better idea?

What's your better idea?

Make a push for Granderson at 3/33 if he doesn't bite then we will have to look to trade for an OF or roll with Reimold and have a reliable back up.

LF has been a revolving door for us for years now.

LF and a TOR.

But I like the power Granderson gives us to go with Jones. Markakis is far from a power bat.

Make a push for Granderson at 3/33 if he doesn't bite then we will have to look to trade for an OF or roll with Reimold and have a reliable back up.

LF has been a revolving door for us for years now.

LF and a TOR.

But I like the power Granderson gives us to go with Jones. Markakis is far from a power bat.

I am operating under the assumption the O's are keeping to the 100M ceiling until I hear some indication from DD to the contrary. If they can spend that much on Granderson why not spend a little more and get Ellsbury. Fact is I doubt they spend as much as 8M on any one player.

I am operating under the assumption the O's are keeping to the 100M ceiling until I hear some indication from DD to the contrary. If they can spend that much on Granderson why not spend a little more and get Ellsbury. Fact is I doubt they spend as much as 8M on any one player.

Ellsbury is not coming here to play left, nor should he.

My plan would be to have him play LF next season, then move him to CF and Jones to RF when Markakis leaves. Ellsbury played LF in BOS on occasion.

If you're already planning to move Jones from center why wouldn't you do it right away? Ellsbury is clearly the better defender.

If you're already planning to move Jones from center why wouldn't you do it right away? Ellsbury is clearly the better defender.
I'm stuck with Markakis in RF for another year. Jones would be a better solution in RF because of his arm, which would be wasted in LF, and it would give him a year to adjust to the idea of moving over.

Not worth expending Buck and DD's personal capital on explaining why and convincing two of their long-time players to both switch positions for a theoretical gain of half a win in 2014.

I just think the only way Ellsbury would sign here (even if he wasn't going to cost too much) would be to play center. With our current roster construction it would make the most sense too. Either way, this is strictly hypothetical since there is zero chance we are even going to be in play.

Archived