Feldman to the Astros

biggrthngibbons

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3/30...10/240. Doesn't matter. Os won't pay anything above rock bottom dirt cheap prices for no name players.

I want to poke my eyes out every time you post. Say something nice about Manny Machado or Hunter Harvey, just so I can say I actually saw you type something positive.

While I agree with the posters previously who just said that it's too much money for a pitcher like Feldman. Name one mid-to-high talent FA who we haven't said the exact same thing about this offseason. It's just the way baseball free agency is going, like it or not, we have to keep up with it.

No, we really don't. Remember what your mother asked you about your friends jumping off a cliff? :) We've got to believe that at least one of Bundy/Gausman/ERod will be ready within 2 years. Paying Feldman $10 million per for 3 years simply doesn't make sense. Much better to "settle" for a Saunders type as a placeholder at 1/ $4 or $5, IMO.

Out spent by Houston. What more needs to be said?

That you can't be outspent if you don't spend? Oh, and Feldman leaving doesn't hurt the Orioles either way. That one's important.

These deals for Cano and Feldman and Granderson only matter insofar as they're establishing a sky-high market for all players, regardless of talent/age. Seems unlikely the Orioles will be competitive in that market, given the same old, same old (i.e., ownership).

You would have given Feldman that deal? That makes one of us.

It's a bad deal no doubt. But just don't plan on getting a pitcher now the way this market is.

No, we really don't. Remember what your mother asked you about your friends jumping off a cliff? :) We've got to believe that at least one of Bundy/Gausman/ERod will be ready within 2 years. Paying Feldman $10 million per for 3 years simply doesn't make sense. Much better to "settle" for a Saunders type as a placeholder at 1/ $4 or $5, IMO.

I agree 100 percent. Good for Feldman, but it would be financially irresponsible for the Orioles to match this deal. You're right, we have young talemt knocking at the door and there are better short term options IMO as well.

Archived