Orioles/WBAL Agree to Multi-Year Deal

Rene88

My car lost the ability to receive AM stations a year ago. But, listening to sports on the radio does nothing for me.

My did too, cost be $50 to fix.

Where my back window in the glass atenna attaches to the wiring cable that runs to the floorboard and under the carpet to the dash.

Anyway, the little foil thing that glues to the window broke, the guy replaced it and I got my AM back.

FM was affected but not as much, there was two leads, and only one broke.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm okay with AM now but my last job just did not get any AM radio inside the building. It was a single level office off Coca cola drive in Hanover and something in the building blocked AM radio. It sucked. Now I drive a lot for work so I have no issues.

Guest rochester

Sports on FM is too funky for me...stereo is just weird... I like having to touch the dial a bit to get the station in better if there is a problem with reception. AM goes much further, especially when it is cloudy.

I live near Westminster and it can be hard to get 105.7 in driving around. I can get it in at home if I turn my radio at a certain angle. WBAL doesn't come in at night but WTTR has the games so it doesn't matter. I see both sides of the argument. I watch the games if I can but I still enjoy listening to games on the radio. Frederick is a problem area for the Orioles at night, no question.

I am thinking about getting an HD portable radio but am worried about the quality.

I live near Westminster and it can be hard to get 105.7 in driving around. I can get it in at home if I turn my radio at a certain angle. WBAL doesn't come in at night but WTTR has the games so it doesn't matter. I see both sides of the argument. I watch the games if I can but I still enjoy listening to games on the radio. Frederick is a problem area for the Orioles at night, no question.

I am thinking about getting an HD portable radio but am worried about the quality.

Wait until Baseball and buy one, from somewhere like Amazon that has a good return policy, if you dont like it, ship it back.

Wait until Baseball and buy one, from somewhere like Amazon that has a good return policy, if you dont like it, ship it back.

There is one right now from Best Buy that a lot of people say dies really quickly that is on sale. I haven't found any for cheaper than $40. I don't feel like paying a lot of money for one but I also don't want something that doesn't last. I also need to get a new radio in my car and am thinking about going the HD route.

Guest rochester
Geeze, how old is your radio? :)

Actually, I recently found an old trans radio is an old box of "stuff." I was thinking about the car radio... but I also have to thank you greatly for asking "Geeze, how old is your radio?" instead of "Geeze, how old are you?" :)

P.S. tubes still rule as does vinyl (on the right playback equip.

P.S.S. I just found out (from an old floor model radio) that you can still get the old "international" radio stations from Germany, Japan, etc. I turned the dial to "Japan" and I'll be darned if it was still available.

Or conversely... "DEEP drive to center field.... and Ellsbury makes the catch for the final out." Seriously, it goes both ways with him.

Every year when I hear they're bringing Manfra back I want to puke. Seriously, who the hell is doing the hiring at WBAL? When he's not botching a call he's telling us five times an inning what the pitch count is. UGH. Just shoot me.

Archived