Orioles/WBAL Agree to Multi-Year Deal

Rene88

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like having the games on AM. There are too many places even just in Maryland where I can't pick up 105.7 in the car. My mother-in-law lives in Rockville, and just driving to her house meant losing the signal when the game was being broadcast on FM. AM signal doesn't sound great, but at elast I can pick it up most places.

I used to listen to Orioles game on Cape Cod on WBAL when we went on vacation growing up. Can still remember one from 89 against the Tigers, I think, when they used 3 starters for 3 innings each, and then won it in the 10th with presumably Olson closing it out -- anyone remember that one?

In any case, now I live in Boston and it was nice when they moved back to WBAL a few years ago -- can listen to the first few innings on the radio coming home from work...

I used to listen to Orioles game on Cape Cod on WBAL when we went on vacation growing up. Can still remember one from 89 against the Tigers, I think, when they used 3 starters for 3 innings each, and then won it in the 10th with presumably Olson closing it out -- anyone remember that one?

In any case, now I live in Boston and it was nice when they moved back to WBAL a few years ago -- can listen to the first few innings on the radio coming home from work...

If my magic 8-ball is correct, you were a pretty good LHP in high school.

I remember picking up WBAL on an evening drive from Syracuse to NYC.

I routinely have listened to Orioles games on WBAL down here in Myrtle Beach, SC. Obviously the weather determines how enjoyable the experience will be. Now that MLB.tv exists, I don't have to worry about it.

I routinely have listened to Orioles games on WBAL down here in Myrtle Beach, SC. Obviously the weather determines how enjoyable the experience will be. Now that MLB.tv exists, I don't have to worry about it.

I'm 70 miles NW over one too many mountains to get WBAL. Oddly I can hear the O's on NYY's flagship station out of NYC when we play them. Clear as a bell.

WBALCashMoney!

Now DD can make those big deals.

Good for you folks up north, WBAL is a good home for the O's.

Down south, too. Back in the 80s when I was traveling around North and South Carolina, I could pick up WBAL and Orioles games at night. Just can't hear it at night where I live now.....about 15 miles from the damned transmission tower!

I would recommend everyone the MLB at bat app. I think its $15 to listen to every game for every team all year long.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Since I live in Florida, I sign up for mlb.tv. It's about $80 for the season and includes the At Bat app. Since I'm not in BMore, I get to see some games that are blacked out up there. And if I'm out and about I listen to the O's on my phone with the app.

Archived