What's Up With Lough?

olehippi

I just have issues with hyperbole.

As for Lough, excuse me for wanting someone in the outfield that can actually run down a fly ball.

If he can hit even a little, his glove makes the team better.

I disagree, but well timed point. Great catch by him, he still stinks though:)

Much rather see Peguero, Berry, Lombo, Weeks....

Is Pearce really that bad in LF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree, but well timed point. Great catch by him, he still stinks though:)

Much rather see Peguero, Berry, Lombo, Weeks....

Is Pearce really that bad in LF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, I think the catch makes up for the double play he hit into earlier.

I just don't think any of the names you mentioned are likely to provide more overall value then Lough going forward. Of course even my patience will wear out at some point if he doesn't start hitting at least a little.

I liked the trade and still do, it was worth it but I am tired of hearing what he did last year, it isn't like he has years of production in the big leagues.

He was awful in triple A. His OPS is less than .460. Send him down. You can't get away with that as a catcher or short stop much less a corner outfielder.

Every team needs a fourth outfielder, and the main job description is the ability to play good defense at all three spots. Lough can do that at least.

Right now, he's probably the worst hitter in the American League. His track record suggests that he can hit better than this. The problem is, he can't break out of his slump unless he plays, but when he plays he is killing the offense.

I think you need to use him as a defensive replacement, with his at bats coming in late innings of games in which the team is protecting a lead. If you give him an occasional spot start, you should consider pinch hitting for him in any game situation--such as tonight, with bases loaded, nobody out and trailing 3-0. (Yes, I realize that Pearce wouldn't have caught the home run that Lough brought back).

Every team needs a fourth outfielder, and the main job description is the ability to play good defense at all three spots. Lough can do that at least.

Right now, he's probably the worst hitter in the American League. His track record suggests that he can hit better than this. The problem is, he can't break out of his slump unless he plays, but when he plays he is killing the offense.

I think you need to use him as a defensive replacement, with his at bats coming in late innings of games in which the team is protecting a lead. If you give him an occasional spot start, you should consider pinch hitting for him in any game situation--such as tonight, with bases loaded, nobody out and trailing 3-0. (Yes, I realize that Pearce wouldn't have caught the home run that Lough brought back).

Or you could send him to the minors. I don't know if he has options left but I don't see anyone claiming him if he doesn't.

Lough gotta go. Late inning replacement at best. That catch doesn't make up for the runs he could have knocked in. We are about to lose another one. Patton didn't get to take his adderall.

He's awful with the bat, but his catch saved three runs. The ball was over the fence. Maybe if he pulls the ball he drives in a run. His glove is a plus, no doubt about it.

Or you could send him to the minors. I don't know if he has options left but I don't see anyone claiming him if he doesn't.

This is wrong. He would get claimed by many teams. He is a very useful player and I say that knowing he has been awful at the plate.

He's awful with the bat, but his catch saved three runs. The ball was over the fence. Maybe if he pulls the ball he drives in a run. His glove is a plus, no doubt about it.

He is impatient. He swung at the first pitch in the dirt after the Indians starter loaded the bases on free passes. Who does that? The pitcher could not throw strikes and walked 3 people (2 were beaned).

He does not seem very smart with the bat. It's a no brainer you take until he throws a strike in that situation.

He is impatient. He swung at the first pitch in the dirt after the Indians starter loaded the bases on free passes. Who does that? The pitcher could not throw strikes and walked 3 people (2 were beaned).

He does not seem very smart with the bat. It's a no brainer you take until he throws a strike in that situation.

His approach is terrible. Not only was Masterson off at that moment, but Lough can't hit right now. So, there is more than one reason why he should not be aggressive. I'm not arguing that, but your first post claimed his catch wouldn't make up for the runs he didn't drive in. Well, unless you fancy him a power hitter like he apparently fancies himself that wasn't going to happen. At most he drives in one, not three.

So, he actually prevented three runs with his catch. However, as others have said, at this point he's so bad with the bat I prefer him off the bench as a defensive replacement late in games.

I could see an NL team taking him. I think he'd pass through the AL at this point.

But you agree he would be claimed? God forbid something happens to Jones and we need to play someone else in center for a few days. What do we do without Lough? He has been a major disappointment- especially to me as someone who was a big fan of the trade. But the amount of abuse he takes around here doesn't seem proportional to the damage he has caused with his play. He is not one of our bigger problems imo regardless of how he is hitting.

But you agree he would be claimed? God forbid something happens to Jones and we need to play someone else in center for a few days. What do we do without Lough? He has been a major disappointment- especially to me as someone who was a big fan of the trade. But the amount of abuse he takes around here doesn't seem proportional to the damage he has caused with his play. He is not one of our bigger problems imo regardless of how he is hitting.

Even with as bad as he's hit, our offense should be good enough to carry his bat. His glove will will effectively save more runs for us in the field than Cruz will produce with the bat. Or, if Cruz was playing LF in place of him.

But you agree he would be claimed? .

maybe. Maybe not.

God forbid something happens to Jones and we need to play someone else in center for a few days. What do we do without Lough?

Peguero and others ccan fill in at CF

Major disappointment- especially to me as someone who was a big fan of the trade. But the amount of abuse he takes around here doesn't seem proportional to the damage he has caused with his play. He is not one of our bigger problems imo regardless of how he is hitting

I think we could still keep him as defense boy/4th OF and get rid of Young. I just don't want him playing regularly at this point. I'll leave the roster configuration to the O's especially when it comes down to Pueguro/Lough, but if it was me, I'd be looking to sign Morales to DH and Cruz be our left fielder or get a left fielder in trade (Prado/Fowler).

Archived