Four reason why Schoop didn't lose the game!

BradyBunch

This is not always true. Depends on how deep the OFer is when he gets the ball.

On plays where the OF is at normal depth you will never see an IF cut off man come out past the IF grass. For instance, in the game last night if the ball is hit over any of the OF heads the game is over. And I wasn't talking about an extra bases situation.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure what your agenda is in defending Schoop, but as someone else pointed out above, even if 99 things went wrong that were not Schoop's doing, he STILL Had the chance to just CATCH the friggin ball that was thrown at his head, and the run would not have scored. Period. So yes, he shares in the blame!
:agree: I name Schoop as an unindicted co conspirator in this plot to cause the Orioles to lose the game .

And I wasn't talking about an extra bases situation.

You didn't clarify that.

1B and 3B when taking throws for cutoff positions are always on the IF grass.

This statement is not true as written without the above disclaimer!

A ball hit in the corner would cause the infielder to come to get the throw, meaning he'd be on the grass.

You didn't clarify that.

This statement is not true as written without the above disclaimer!

A ball hit in the corner would cause the infielder to come to get the throw, meaning he'd be on the grass.

Wow, tell you what. I'll take out the word always and say usually although twice now I've said "normal depth" and that I was talking about the play last night in regards to my statement.

You ok, now?

Wow, tell you what. I'll take out the word always and say usually although twice now I've said "normal depth" and that I was talking about the play last night in regards to my statement.

You ok, now?

You can request to be put on the IGGY list

You ok, now?

There is not one time I can remember playing that I was ever told you don't pick up the cutoff man depending on your depth and believe me it came up. Schoop's only job is to line himself up once the ball is hit. Nothing else. He never did it properly. At about the 3 second mark of the video if you watch closely you can see him backing up to the bag as the ball is already by him. He should be moving into the IF grass. In fact, look at the end of the play. Ironically, Schoop catches the ball about at the spot where he should have been lined up to begin with.

1B and 3B when taking throws for cutoff positions are always on the IF grass. With the OF so shallow he should have known to move immediately closer to home and align himself with Wieters as to give Lough a target.

The OF is always told to throw through the cutoff man and even though Lough took responsibility for the poor throw it couldn't have been easy trying to pick up his cutoff man who he normally is trying to throw through and then adjust his sights to home plate and Wieters. He didn't look like like he had his feet set on the throw, but I'm inclined to believe he just rushed it. Pedroia had no intention of going with how shallow they were.

However, if Schoop is in the proper position and has more depth closer to home it makes it easier for him to handle that throw.

I was responding to this post. Show me where you once said normal depth or not extra base hit?

I was responding to this post. Show me where you once said normal depth or not extra base hit?

2nd paragraph I said the OF was playing "shallow." Is that not closer than normal or are you just so used to looking for an argument obtuse is your normal mode of operation?

2nd paragraph I said the OF was playing "shallow." Is that not closer than normal or are you just so used to looking for an argument obtuse is your normal mode of operation?

Why can't some of you just admit. I was wrong, I misspoke, I wrote it incorrectly, etc.... Doesn't matter where the OFer is playing. If the ball is hit to the wall, the infielder is not going to always be on the infield grass. Which is exactly what you wrote and I responded to. Told you it depends on how deep the OFer is when he gets the ball. If he gets it on the warning track, his cutoff man isn't going to be where you said he always is.

Why can't some of you just admit. I was wrong, I misspoke, I wrote it incorrectly, etc.... Doesn't matter where the OFer is playing. If the ball is hit to the wall, the infielder is not going to always be on the infield grass. Which is exactly what you wrote and I responded to. Told you it depends on how deep the OFer is when he gets the ball. If he gets it on the warning track, his cutoff man isn't going to be where you said he always is.

I was speaking about the play in the game last night. The situation in the game last night. Get it? I've read over the entire thread and nobody was discussing cut off situations for each and every play ever devised. This thread was about the last play of the game in last night's game.

I was speaking to that situation. I don't normally recommend this, but maybe you need to find out where scOtt lives and join him on his balcony.

I was speaking about the play in the game last night. The situation in the game last night. Get it? I've read over the entire thread and nobody was discussing cut off situations for each and every play ever devised. This thread was about the last play of the game in last night's game.

I was speaking to that situation. I don't normally recommend this, but maybe you need to find out where scOtt lives and join him on his balcony.

If you were only speaking of the play last night. Why did you put 1B also? Was Davis suppose to also be the cutoff man?

1B and 3B when taking throws for cutoff positions are always on the IF grass. With the OF so shallow he should have known to move immediately closer to home and align himself with Wieters as to give Lough a target.

If you were only speaking of the play last night. Why did you put 1B also? Was Davis suppose to also be the cutoff man?

Ok, you keep doing this. So, read very slowly, ok. Once again I've included both sentences because it provides context. C O N T E X T. Say it with me. And while it's not the same word as 'normal' because I was speaking about the play last night I included the second sentence and my use of the word 'shallow' to describe the depth our OF was playing at the time. If the ball was hit to CF or the right side, similarly, Davis would have been at the same position relative to where the ball was hit.

So, once again, relative to the depth of our OF on a SIMILAR PLAY to any position in the OF either cutoff man should have found himself somewhere on the IF grass.

Great point by Beckens here. Shallow flyballs aren't hit to right field. Just left field.

ob?tuse

əbˈt(y)o͞os,?b-/<input style="height:16px;width:16px" height="16" type="image" width="16">

adjective

adjective: obtuse

annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.

Ok, you keep doing this. So, read very slowly, ok. Once again I've included both sentences because it provides context. C O N T E X T. Say it with me. And while it's not the same word as 'normal' because I was speaking about the play last night I included the second sentence and my use of the word 'shallow' to describe the depth our OF was playing at the time. If the ball was hit to CF or the right side, similarly, Davis would have been at the same position relative to where the ball was hit.

So, once again, relative to the depth of our OF on a SIMILAR PLAY to any position in the OF either cutoff man should have found himself somewhere on the IF grass.

This is not always true. Depends on how deep the OFer is when he gets the ball.

You're being obtuse, ignorant, or just stupid!

Archived