Four reason why Schoop didn't lose the game!

BradyBunch

Well, now I know you don't know the meaning of obtuse since the other two are synonyms. You ever hear Twain's description of a fool?
ob?tuse

əbˈt(y)o͞os,?b-/<input style="height:16px;width:16px" height="16" type="image" width="16">

adjective

adjective: obtuse

annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.

Not that I needed your definition.

You ever hear Twain's description of a fool?

I have a feeling it has your picture next to it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ignorant&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.yahoo:en-USredface.giffficial&client=firefox&channel=sb

ig?no?rant

ˈignərənt/<input style="height:16px;width:16px" height="16" type="image" width="16">

adjective

adjective: ignorant

lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

"he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"

https://www.google.com/search?q=stupid&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.yahoo:en-USredface.giffficial&client=firefox&channel=sb

stu?pid

ˈst(y)o͞opid/<input style="height:16px;width:16px" height="16" type="image" width="16">

adjective

adjective: stupid; comparative adjective: stupider; superlative adjective: stupidest

lacking intelligence or common sense.

"I was stupid enough to think she was perfect"

http://thesaurus.com/browse/ignorant

Synonyms for ignorant

adj unaware, unknowing

http://thesaurus.com/browse/stupid

Synonyms for stupid

adj not intelligent; irresponsible

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, everybody blaming Schoop is judging after the fact. You know the whole monday quarterbacking routine that is done here so often. Schoop's only mistake was not staying on 3rd. That play 100% of the time is 1 of 3 things.. Throw home, OF runs the ball in, or SS gets the throw back in and the ball is given to the pitcher. Just cause you and others are wrong and justify a horrible throw which is ROUTINE by an outfielder, specially one less then 150ft from home.. shows the lack of playing knowledge some here have.

Ah yes, the "you didn't play in college so you don't know" act. Right. Gotcha. I'll take the high road and keep my comments to myself.

Ah yes, the "you didn't play in college so you don't know" act. Right. Gotcha. I'll take the high road and keep my comments to myself.

I heard one of the baltimore taking radio heads yesterday critizing the fans for going over the top and overly critical of any error this team makes, especially Schoop, he said his twitter lights up like its the end of the world.

I will say there is a tendency at times (and this thread is a good example) for a cross-section of folks to talk baseball basics (let's call it high school and below taught) and incorrectly apply it to MLB analysis in a definitive manner. A lot of what you learn carries through to upper-level ball. A lot changes, sometimes significantly, as the capabilities of the players and the speed of the game ramp up.

I will say there is a tendency at times (and this thread is a good example) for a cross-section of folks to talk baseball basics (let's call it high school and below taught) and incorrectly apply it to MLB analysis in a definitive manner. A lot of what you learn carries through to upper-level ball. A lot changes, sometimes significantly, as the capabilities of the players and the speed of the game ramp up.
Of course. And not having played at the major league level. Anything I might know is hearsay evidence.

Of course. And not having played at the major league level. Anything I might know is hearsay evidence.

I don't think you need high level playing experience to talk about this stuff at all (in case my point gets misconstrued). But we should all examine ourselves if our views become dogmatic based on imperfect comparative experiences.

Archived