vs. ROYALS, 5/17

OFFNY

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. Just less than you said. And not terrific considering Pearce can probably hit better and is more versatile. Like I said previously, I just think Young is redundant. He can only hit lefties, but Pearce can do it better at this point. And he can't play the field, neither can Cruz, but Young is worse defensively and offensively. He also doesn't walk at all, which is a problem for this team.

Basically he brings nothing that this team doesn't have already and has a lot of negative qualities to his game. Just my opinion. Doesn't mean I don't root for him when he's playing though.

Sorry, but I feel like this is just a glass half empty post thru and thru. Delmon Young does have a lot of baggage. However, it seems as though he may have finally matured a bit, and seems to fit in just fine with the team. he isn't griping at his limited playing time. WHAT HE BRINGS, in my humble opinion, is a veteran presence who has been there and hit in the clutch. I'll never forget how he was a one man show in the post season for Detroit a few years back. He's got a killer instinct, and he's already had some big time hits for us in the clutch this year. not saying Pearce hasn't- but painting Young as some guy who can't hold Pearce's jock strap is a joke. He is a VERY solid major leaguer, who aside from all of his mood swings and tantrums, can help a team out when it matters most. I know he won't flinch with the game on the line, and that's a great thing to have. You can't have a talent like that on the bench, and never play him. Dude has earned his playing time. I'm sure once Pearce cools off, so will your tune. (And I like Pearce just fyi- but nothing at all wrong with getting Young some PT).

LOL. All I have to do is ask about his defense, and Manny makes a good play on the bunt. Sweeeeeet

Manny was interviewed yesterday. Surprised me. Was talking about his timing. Said his hitting is getting there. Surprised me he sounded like his timing in the field was a little behind.

Re: Manny...possible that the pressure of his breakout year + added pressure of coming back quickly from a major injury and being somewhat relied upon as a cornerstone player has him a little ruffled...I think he'll slowly regain form, he didn't forget how to be an amazing fielder

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Archived