Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

There's nothing from him on twitter regarding the matter, but he did sound emphatic about his position - to an extent that I am surprised it is purely his own opinion.

Perhaps he is saying that if Nolan clears waivers, and gets to decide to be a free agent, the Os will resign him?

I think that if he clears waivers the O's get him back.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correctamundo.

My only thought on this entire process is that the O's aren't dumping Lough. So basically they either have to trade Pearce or Young...otherwise Reimold has zippy place on this roster. And I don't seeing them trading 2 effective pieces to the puzzle for a guy who is honestly redundant.

There's nothing from him on twitter regarding the matter, but he did sound emphatic about his position - to an extent that I am surprised it is purely his own opinion.

Perhaps he is saying that if Nolan clears waivers, and gets to decide to be a free agent, the Os will resign him?

I think that if he clears waivers the O's get him back.

You could be right, but what allows a guy like Escalona to choose FA rather than an assignment to a minor league club?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reimold had been recalled from his rehab assignment. Hasnt been DFAd yet. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Orioles technically have recalled Nolan Reimold from his rehab assignment. Again, no DFA for now. Should be resolved in next day or 2.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

First time your DFA, you don't get a choice. After that, you can become a FA.

Thank you kindly.

Guess I would have assumed he's not a first timer. Between his neck and my back, I feel like the oldest 35 year old on this board.

Thank you kindly.

Guess I would have assumed he's not a first timer. Between his neck and my back, I feel like the oldest 35 year old on this board.

That is why I was blaming Pie earlier. If AM hadn't had a crush on Pie Nolan would never have been optioned in 2009.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reimold has never been outrighted before. So if they put him on waivers & he isnt claimed, he can't refuse a outright to Norfolk, Duq said</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Reimold had been recalled from his rehab assignment. Hasnt been DFAd yet. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Orioles technically have recalled Nolan Reimold from his rehab assignment. Again, no DFA for now. Should be resolved in next day or 2.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

Waiting for the news that they've DFA Matusz.

Archived