Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

The O's were required to end his rehab assignment, but they were not required to end his stay on the disabled list. I think Nolan could end it by filing a grievance or something, but maybe they are working on a new deal for Nolan that would have him agree not to complain about being on the DL? Not sure if MLB would allow that though. It definitely seems like the O's are trying pretty hard to find a way to avoid DFA.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't the "deadline" be something prior to game time? WAG 4 or 5 o'clock.

The deadline is passed. It was to activate him from rehab assignment. Which they did. The have some time to announce an assignment. Or not.

The deadline is passed. It was to activate him from rehab assignment. Which they did. The have some time to announce an assignment. Or not.

Well, I am finding this all rather ambiguous. How much time do they have to announce his assignment? I'm not suggesting you know the answer, but I'm surprised that not a single one of the beat reporters who covers the team has published any information about the required timetable. In fact, until last night they led us to believe that we'd know the answer by midnight last night at the latest. And, by the way, the list of transactions on MLB.com says nothing about Reimold having been activated from his rehab assignment; contrast that with Almanzar, who was activated and then DFA'd the same day. http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/?tcid=mm_mlb_news#month=6&year=2014&team_id=110

Well, I am finding this all rather ambiguous. How much time do they have to announce his assignment? I'm not suggesting you know the answer, but I'm surprised that not a single one of the beat reporters who covers the team has published any information about the required timetable. In fact, until last night they led us to believe that we'd know the answer by midnight last night at the latest. And, by the way, the list of transactions on MLB.com says nothing about Reimold having been activated from his rehab assignment; contrast that with Almanzar, who was activated and then DFA'd the same day. http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/?tcid=mm_mlb_news#month=6&year=2014&team_id=110

There is some type of window. But I guess he has been DFA'd now. So nothing to worry about.

I do not know the particulars. As you surmised.

It is interesting. Say what you will about DD, but he is adept with the intricacies of roster management and it's probably not in the best interest of the team to share/disclose them at this point with respect to Reimold.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For those who asked. Still waiting on official word about Reimold. sense is he will be DFA'd and eventually exposed to waivers. We'll see</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">July 1, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It is interesting. Say what you will about DD, but he is adept with the intricacies of roster management and it's probably not in the best interest of the team to share/disclose them at this point with respect to Reimold.

He kept Pearce didn't he.

do you folks know Reimold has been nursing a groin or hamstring during his rehab assignment? will it ever end?

That was about two weeks ago. He played 11 days in a row before his rehab stint ended, and 17 days out of 20.

do you folks know Reimold has been nursing a groin or hamstring during his rehab assignment? will it ever end?

Do you know that Reimold has actually suffered only two serious injuries? The first was a ruptured Achilles that ended what had been a good season. Those things take a long time to heal, and the O's rushed him back onto the field the next season. That didn't last long.

Then, he broke a bone in his spinal column leaping into the stands to make a play. The first fusion surgery didn't take, so he had it done again last year.

That's more than three seasons lost to two injuries. It's not like he's a guy who gets a hangnail and misses two weeks. He actually tried to play with his neck totally screwed up.

He may never be good again. Or, he might help someone a lot. I'm afraid it will be the Red Sox. We shall see.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Orioles have reinstated OF Nolan Reimold from the 60-day disabled list and designated him for assignment.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 1, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived