Was ERod too much for Andrew Miller

isestrex

ERod for Miller  

224 members have voted

1. 1. ERod for Miller

• It's a steal
    • I'm fine with that price but I'll miss him.
    • Too much: worried about only 2 months of Miller vs a long career of ERod

That was a really horrible play all around. Slow, stopped too soon, jumped about 2 inches off the ground. Really bad. Nelson-Cruz-in-game-6-of-the-World-Series bad.

Can you believe I got into a debate with a poster last week who thought his defense wasn't bad enough in left to make up for his offense?

He might be the worst outfielder I have ever seen at the MLB level.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since his first two starts he has pitched 33.2 innings and given up 42 hits, 12BB, 27ER, 25K, 6HR with an ERA of 7.22. Maybe teams are getting a good book him.

He is tipping his pitches from the stretch really bad. The other night the announcer was calling every pitch before he threw it and was right every time. The yesterday they did a segment on baseball tonight on it showing him doing it when he got into trouble. Maybe a nervous twitch or something.

I think we can all agree that we would rather he still be with the Orioles than with the red sox. Especially since Bundy will probably never pitch for the Orioles and Harvey hasn't been able to stay healthy.

He is tipping his pitches from the stretch really bad. The other night the announcer was calling every pitch before he threw it and was right every time. The yesterday they did a segment on baseball tonight on it showing him doing it when he got into trouble. Maybe a nervous twitch or something.

Well that is something that is probably an easy fix.

For the life of me I don't understand how pitchers get to the majors tipping pitches. All the film and all the eyes on them I would think someone with the organization would see it.

I think we can all agree that we would rather he still be with the Orioles than with the red sox. Especially since Bundy will probably never pitch for the Orioles and Harvey hasn't been able to stay healthy.

Meh, he will pitch next year because he has to. Will he stay on the field healthy for more than a few weeks? Who knows

Can you believe I got into a debate with a poster last week who thought his defense wasn't bad enough in left to make up for his offense?

He might be the worst outfielder I have ever seen at the MLB level.

He makes Delmon Young look flashy.

Might be Steve Sax disease. Or Rick Ankiel disorder. Or Chuck Knoblauch Flu. Or Mackey Sasser Malady.

Refresh my memory please. Wasn't ERod in AA when we traded him?

I can't believe anyone could have been upset with that trade.

• 2 years later...

I always thought the trade was a good one.  A risk that you take if you think you have a chance to win it all.  It didn't pan out that way, but not because Miller wasn't good.  I always thought we should have tried to keep him though, even if only to bid up the ultimate price someone paid...sorta like Detroit did to us.

3 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I always thought the trade was a good one.  A risk that you take if you think you have a chance to win it all.  It didn't pan out that way, but not because Miller wasn't good.  I always thought we should have tried to keep him though, even if only to bid up the ultimate price someone paid...sorta like Detroit did to us.

I agree. 

I always thought it was a key move, and damn near paid off too.

E-Rod was an interesting situation.

He was a talented arm that was having trouble with constituency.

They traded off, to keep Miller out of Detroit and to help an already solid pen.

E-Rod has been inconsistent in the majors, 19-20. Throwing some gems and some eggs.

Now he has knee problems.

I doubt E-Rod will ever be an ace, but there is still an outside possibility.

The DD haters will keep harping about this trade and the impact to the long term health of the Orioles.

I would make this trade every single time, given the circumstances they found themselves in.

Archived