vs. ANGELS, 7/31

OFFNY

You didn't answer the question. You said "I don't know". With me its literally world series or bust. All my years of being a Yankees fan thought me that if your not playing to win the WS you may as well not be playing. This team has too many blackholes in the lineup (Davis, Joseph, Schoop, etc) for me to take them seriously as a world series ball club. Tdoay was the day to change that and we simply didn't. I'm fed up.

OK, I do know. We are a team that could win the World Series. We have the talent to make the playoffs, and at that point it's just a matter of getting hot at the right time.

Nobody KNOWS on July 31 who is definitely a World Series winner.

So we've got some black holes in the lineup. We also have a starting rotation that is pitching great, one of the top 3 or 4 bullpens in all of baseball. If there's a better defensive team out there I don't know who it could be. The 1983 World Champs had some black holes in the lineup, they called the bottom 3 in the order The Three Stooges.

The pendulum is swinging back to pitching in defense after the excesses of the late 80s, 90s, and early 2000s. There was about a 15 year stretch where youl couldn't succeed with some weak defense-only spots in the lineup like we have... but that stretch is over.

Obviously we will face some very tough competition in the AL playoffs. But we just won 4 of 6 from one of the teams we are likely to play. I'll be more than happy to take our shot at the World Series when the time comes.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is amazing to me how many posters just appear out of the blue during an O's loss. Some people just live to be negative. Never mind that in a week and a half, we just took 4 of 6 from the 2nd best team in baseball.

Sad ain't it?

You didn't answer the question. You said "I don't know". With me its literally world series or bust. All my years of being a Yankees fan thought me that if your not playing to win the WS you may as well not be playing. This team has too many blackholes in the lineup (Davis, Joseph, Schoop, etc) for me to take them seriously as a world series ball club. Tdoay was the day to change that and we simply didn't. I'm fed up.

That explains SO much!

Go away. Please.

Well if you're so fed up why don't you just switch allegiances again.

The only person that I have ever come across that switched allegiances from being a life-long Yankee fan to being an Oriole fan was my late mom, and she had a good reason to do so ......... I was her son, and she didn't want me to be the only Oriole fan in the family.

I don't buy your Oriole "fandom", particularly in light of your comments about Buck Showalter in the past.

In one breath, you stated that Showalter was "sleeping in the dugout," and that he should have more fire in him like Billy Martin and Earl Weaver, and that he should start throwing bats around, kicking things, etc.

And then when Buck vehemently argued a call at the end of a game in Fenway Park, you called him "a sore loser," and that he wasted everybody's time by not simply accepting the umpire's call.

Sorry, but you reek of phoniness.

I can't even neg rep someone properly!

Sent this... poster from two red pips to only one. I apologize to everyone else. I'll ban my own worthless butt for another week or two.

Still reserve the right to post a song or two.

Perhaps you can ask Weams, Tony, or Paul to change your green rep to a red one, since that was your intention.

Archived