vs. YANKEES, 9/12 (Game Two)

OFFNY

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it comes to it think Buck uses Britton again?

Given that we've used Miller, O'Day and Britton today, and we used Britton multiple times in the Sox series (and then an off day, true........) I'm not too sure if we'll see any of them again.

It's not impossible that we'll see them again tonight, but I would expect more to see Britton tomorrow and Sunday (if needed) than wear him out pitching two innings today.

I think we need to put our faith in Tommy Hunter and Brian Matusz tonight. Except for that 2-week period when the entire bullpen collectively stunk, they've both been pretty good. Not Britton good, but probably good enough to get the Yankees out. It might depend on the handedness of the batters they're planning to face. You would only want to use Matusz against two lefties and a righty, but not 2 or more righties.

Wouldn't go to Brach again. Not his day.

Other options:

Meek, Webb, Jimenez, McFarland, Saunders.

Saunders and Jimenez are awful this year. Webb and Meek are good and mediocre, respectively. McFarland would be needed in the event of a starter not going very deep the remainder of this weekend.

I really want to see Tommy Hunter. Out of all the guys except Miller, O'Day and Britton in our 'pen right now, and McFarland (who is pretty good, but you really want to use him for his ability to go deep), I would rather see Tommy "Big Game" Hunter.

Given that we've used Miller, O'Day and Britton today, and we used Britton multiple times in the Sox series (and then an off day, true........) I'm not too sure if we'll see any of them again.

It's not impossible that we'll see them again tonight, but I would expect more to see Britton tomorrow and Sunday (if needed) than wear him out pitching two innings today.

I think we need to put our faith in Tommy Hunter and Brian Matusz tonight. Except for that 2-week period when the entire bullpen collectively stunk, they've both been pretty good. Not Britton good, but probably good enough to get the Yankees out. It might depend on the handedness of the batters they're planning to face. You would only want to use Matusz against two lefties and a righty, but not 2 or more righties.

Wouldn't go to Brach again. Not his day.

Other options:

Meek, Webb, Jimenez, McFarland, Saunders.

Saunders and Jimenez are awful this year. Webb and Meek are good and mediocre, respectively. McFarland would be needed in the event of a starter not going very deep the remainder of this weekend.

I really want to see Tommy Hunter. Out of all the guys except Miller, O'Day and Britton in our 'pen right now, and McFarland (who is pretty good, but you really want to use him for his ability to go deep), I would rather see Tommy "Big Game" Hunter.

Webb has been great the last couple games. I think I would go Webb in the 8th, Tommy in the 9th.

Archived