Happy Birthday, Jim Palmer

OFFNY

Happy 69 (BobMc's favorite number), Cakes!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ikxkIWMwf08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Happy birthday to Hall of Famer and MASN broadcaster, Jim Palmer! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/IBackTheBirds?src=hash">#IBackTheBirds</a> <a href="http://t.co/Hz58UWxRUY">pic.twitter.com/Hz58UWxRUY</a></p>— Orioles on MASN (@masnOrioles) <a href="

">October 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by TonySoprano
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

My favorite Oriole of all time and one of the greatest pitchers of all time with 268 wins and a career 2.86 ERA. I have to post more stats for him; Only player in Orioles history to appear in all 6 World Series in 66, 69, 70, 71, 79 and 83. His combined record in ALCS and World Series games is 8-3 with a 2.67 ERA. Had the most wins in the 70's by any pitcher with 186 wins. Amazing! It gets better; 8 time 20 game winner and 3 time Cy Young winner with 4 Gold Gloves. Six time All-Star and one of a few pitchers to win a World Series game in three decades the 60's, 70's and 80;s and never gave up a grand slam to a hitter. From 1970 to 1978 he threw between 17 and 25 complete games each year and finished with 211 complete games in 19 seasons. 211 Complete games! We can't get any of our starters past the 7th inning. In 1969 he threw a no-hitter against Oakland just four days after coming off the disabled list. #22 is a Hall Of Fame pitcher who pitched all 19 seasons with the Orioles. I recently got to meet him at Greetings and Readings in Hunt Valley at his book signing and spoke with him briefly and got a nice photo with him I may post one day. Could not have been nicer and we discussed the pitching staff. I actually met him twice before at BWI Airport after an ALCS win and at the Old Court Giant one time. If anyone should be Oriole pitching coach it should be Jim Palmer but he's always refused the position to spend more time with his family. So we are fortunate to get to hear him on MASN TV Broadcasts. Happy Birthday Jim.

Happy Birthday Jim ! My favorite Oriole and the greatest of all time. Your pitching stats are incredible. When discussing the mlb greatest pitchers of all time you are not discussed often enough. I would pay $500 to have lunch with you sometime. I know you like Little Italy. It could be there or Harbor East somewhere. Just let me know if possible.