Cintron signs with Cubs

birdsfan4ever

So I would say a deal happens now of Gallagher/Murton/Cedeno + 1 of Colvin/Ceda/Veal. How would you feel if that went down?

That kind of deal would be stamped 'approved' - especially if it's Ceda or Veal. I get the impression from quite a few posters and some of the media blips that Colvin is perceived to be a 4th OF. I don't necessarily agree with that assertion but given McPhail's penchant for acquiring pitching, the other 2 would likely 'cinch' it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That kind of deal would be stamped 'approved' - especially if it's Ceda or Veal. I get the impression from quite a few posters and some of the media blips that Colvin is perceived to be a 4th OF. I don't necessarily agree with that assertion but given McPhail's penchant for acquiring pitching, the other 2 would likely 'cinch' it.
If Colvin can develop plate discipline, he's got all the other skills to be a very solid CF. If he can't, he'll be a poor man's Juan Pierre, which is essentially a 4th OF at best.

I actually remember reading that the O's were asking for Ceda to be included in the deal and that he was listed as untouchable...

Angels? Who would they trade?

The Angels are said to be one of a few teams with interest in Jason Marquis, after the shoulder injury suffered by Kelvim Escobar.

The Angels also have been rumored to be looking for an upgrade at 3B. Some have speculated that DeRosa might be a fit there.

The Cubs are after Chone Figgins.

I see this thread going in the same direction as every other Roberts/Cubs thread. Let me tell you how it goes.

No way we deal you that. Ceda and Colvin and Veal are Untouchable

Well then, you don't get Roberts. You have to give up something to get something.

Back

Forth

Back

Forth

Trust me. I have been involved in them all. :D

So I would say a deal happens now of Gallagher/Murton/Cedeno + 1 of Colvin/Ceda/Veal. How would you feel if that went down?

I don't believe Veal, Ceda, or Colvin would be included as the 4th.

I would not like that deal too well if it went down, although I will say that my opinion could change if Hendry had a second significant deal in place, as has been rumored. If that second deal's attractive, and need Roberts as a prerequisite, then maybe that could justify overpaying for Roberts.

I don't believe Veal, Ceda, or Colvin would be included as the 4th.

I would not like that deal too well if it went down, although I will say that my opinion could change if Hendry had a second significant deal in place, as has been rumored.

Hate to say it, but I told you. haha

For Roberts and Payton.... do it..

That would be an added bonus IMO. I suspect Cubs fans view Payton as negative value though given his contract.

I think thats likely and that it would be a very good deal. I don't see Colvin being included though unless its in place of Murton, which might not be a terrible idea. I like Murton, but we're set in the OF for now, Colvin would be a decent gamble to take, and he wouldn't have to go on the 40-man. If he develops some plate discipline he can be an excellent player.

If we could ditch one of Huff/Millar I think Murton would be great, otherwise he's underutilized. Here's an idea, I remember a Cubs fan saying maybe move Murton to 2nd. He would certainly be a plus bat there, although he has 0 experience and would likely be a poor defender, which goes against AM's philosophy. Oh well just an idea.

I really don't like Colvin, his plate discipline is horrific, and has shown no sign of improving. I've heard he's likely to move to a corner spot, where his bat would be below average IMO. Of course if he's traded to the O's I'll change my tune and focus on him being a 21 year old in AA with a .775 OPS.

BB said the deal is Murton, Cedeno and Gallagher...We want a 4th guy.

I would guess that the 4th guy is a non 40 man guy and likely out of the Ceda, Colvin and Veal group.

I am just hoping Payton is in the deal as well.

That was the original offer on the table from the Cubs!!! Since then the names have changed...

Make Patterson the 4th, and I'm all over the deal.

If he was the 4th, the deal would be done.

I am sure the Orioles want a high upside(also high risk) non 40 man player as the 4th player.

If it were someone like EPat, i think the deal would have been done.

So, the question then becomes this...How desperate is Hendry for BRob?

He has been negotiating for months to get Roberts who has been a big target for him...Is he going to walk away from months of negotiating because he doesn't want to trade someone like Ceda, Veal or Colvin?

End of the day, i think he caves and makes the deal.

Too much time has been spent on this not to get it done when you are this close IMO.

Archived