Memorable Roch Kubatko quotes

Frobby

I haven't posted in this thread in a long time, but Roch had two good lines today:

Here's a list of things I don't understand:

The German language

Women

The appeal of cilantro

IKEA instructions

Any instructions

Hall of Fame voters including Barry Bonds on their ballots and excluding Roger Clemens

But seriously, I'd take the three members of the BBWAA who excluded Ken Griffey Jr. and force them to attend Peter Pan's high school reunion every year for the rest of their lives.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/01/more-thoughts-on-free-agency-and-the-hall-of-fame.html

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't posted in this thread in a long time, but Roch had two good lines today:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/01/more-thoughts-on-free-agency-and-the-hall-of-fame.html

I know a bit of German and it makes a lot more sense than English. Cilantro is awesome, but some people have a gene flipped and for them it tastes like soap. IKEA is easy, but I guess if you can't follow directions a lot of life is hard. HOF voters often vote by random choice, petty vengeance, or even drunk games of darts, so some of them will pick Bonds but not Clemens.

For women I think it goes a long way to assume they're perplexed or annoyed by everything I do that they didn't explictly tell me to do.

Now that you mention it, I have. Got me there. I've seen it but didn't realize that was a HS reunion. Never paid quite that much attention to it besides the kid doing a little Don Rickles bit.

I'm still confused at to why a kid who doesn't age couldn't have a high school reunion, even if he "appeared" younger than high school-aged. That'd be like arguing that Progeria sufferers are almost instantaneously too "old" for schooling of any kind.

I'm still confused at to why a kid who doesn't age couldn't have a high school reunion, even if he "appeared" younger than high school-aged. That'd be like arguing that Progeria sufferers are almost instantaneously too "old" for schooling of any kind.

If you drop out in the 6th grade do you still get to go to the high school reunion?

If you drop out in the 6th grade do you still get to go to the high school reunion?

Let's not think about this too hard, guys. It's a commercial.

• 1 month later...
Tillman had what could best be described as an uneven season. Not that a pitcher should be judged on his won-loss record, but Tillman went 2-7, 7-0, 0-4 and 2-0. He was a model of consistency in the same way that Sidney Ponson is a model of underwear.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/02/chris-tillman-on-the-importance-of-a-bounce-back-season.html

That's a good one. I always knew it was approaching spring when the sun stayed out a bit longer, the sound of birds singing in the morning became louder, and The Sun ran an article on how Ponson was in better shape for the upcoming season.

The sun kept getting stronger, birds louder, and when I actually saw Sydney in March, i saw that the Baja Beach Club diet wasn't a winner.

Archived