Roch: O's don't like Penn's attitude

Frobby

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

He's gonna have to do more than 3 innings in ST to erase what he's done at the ML level, IMO.

I'm curious as to where this Penn vendetta came from. We have a guy who's a pretty good prospect by almost any account, but apparently appendicitis, 15 bad innings, and some made-up attitude problem is enough to get him blacklisted.

Laugh all you want. You know he's right. The O's can't get Penn's late season performance out of their heads.

Exhibit #498 of why they haven't had a winning season since 1997.

15 innings at the end of a long, injury-plagued season >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> an impressive minor league resume.

:mad:

I'm curious as to where this Penn vendetta came from. We have a guy who's a pretty good prospect by almost any account, but apparently appendicitis, 15 bad innings, and some made-up attitude problem is enough to get him blacklisted.

I'm also puzzled by this Penn vendetta. And, more importantly, can we call it a "Penndetta"?

I'm sorry, Grand High Pooh-Bah of baseball analysis, did I say something that wasn't true?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=6293

Yea, i know the stats but thanks. :rolleyes:

To allow 30-50 IP to bother you when he has been very good to dominant in hundreds of minor league innings, at very young ages, is a joke IMO.

We know why we haven't seen the best of Penn.

Anytime you allow small sample sizes, no matter good or bad, to allow you to dictate your opinion, you are making a mistake.

If i remember, weren't you for sending down Markakis last year, as he was struggling?

Cause he's not impressive. Sorry I can't slap a stat on it but I'm going for that human element aspect that drives people nuts.

I'm just not impressed. He does a lot of things decently, but doesn't do anything exceptionally well. I don't see the hype. It's not a Penndetta or anything.

Cause he's not impressive. Sorry I can't slap a stat on it but I'm going for that human element aspect that drives people nuts.

I'm just not impressed. He does a lot of things decently, but doesn't do anything exceptionally well. I don't see the hype. It's not a Penndetta or anything.

I'll take "does a lot of things decently" over watching Steve Trachsel blame the hard infield on why he gives up, like 23 hits per nine.

How is that a reference to Penn's attitude?

Just the fact that he felt he needed to spout off to reporters is a reflection on Penn. All things aside...Flanagan probably was reinforcing team policy...which is all together fitting and proper.

I'll take "does a lot of things decently" over watching Steve Trachsel blame the hard infield on why he gives up, like 23 hits per nine.

Hey, I'm with you on this. I'd rather have almost anyone out there instead of Trax. At least Penn has a bit of upside and potential working for him.

And yes, SG, I was for sending Markakis down last year when he was struggling. I can admit to being wrong.

Wow Penn IS on thin ice. Curious why he didn't make any phone calls about it though, especially knowing he's scheduled to start? Perhaps he's developed quite a pattern of irresponsibility like this.

Forgetting a bag? Understandable.

Not calling anyone, even the manager, when you know you're scheduled to start? I don't care for that myself. Just drove there silently, let them sit there and wonder? Let them build that bad perception? It's a kid's move.

Archived