Past off season and Dan Duquette/Blue Jays distraction.

kelsey59

Yes, quite a few people have considered this as the reason for the lackluster offseason results.

But it's a tough subject to broach here because you can't really quantify his poor choices with UZR, WAR or PECOTA. I mean, you could use your eyes to see the results of his being distracted by a potential new assignment.

Also, wins and losses tell the story but according to a select few, DD did an outstanding job during the winter months.

MSK

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Please name those select few who said Duke did an outstanding job? Or maybe you're saying those of us who agreed with not signing Cruz means we think Duke did an outstanding job?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard he didn't answer phone calls.

Is this supposed to prove something though? I heard he never communicated with Roberts or Mark Reynolds either. Those seasons turned out fairly well. (and I still think we'll be in this thing to the end of this season too. One bad stretch does not a season make.)

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Please name those select few who said Duke did an outstanding job? Or maybe you're saying those of us who agreed with not signing Cruz means we think Duke did an outstanding job?

I think MSK is taking the position out of context.

I believe most of us believe DD made the right decision, based on the cost and the 4th year.

Not sure, how that translates to DD doing an outstanding job.

Is this supposed to prove something though? I heard he never communicated with Roberts or Mark Reynolds either. Those seasons turned out fairly well. (and I still think we'll be in this thing to the end of this season too. One bad stretch does not a season make.)

Agents are such fore bearers of honesty and ethics and never lie.

Hasn't DET lost 7 in a row?

Drungo is definitely more saberish, I referenced SG because MSK was complaining about how he and others are being treated. SG was about the most condescending internet guy I have seen. I was ok with it, because I stopped wearing panties years ago and I did respect SGs knowledge. He really knew a lot. Drungo for the most part is civil but just simply knows more about baseball then pretty much everyone.

I really liked Lucky Jim, he was a smart guy and while he could be condescending it wasn't usually until after a poster had bludgeoned the board with drivel. Really no one offends me here. I get annoyed with the posters who beat the same drum over and over but it's a message board and I can just look past it. I don't like the whining and persecution complexes some people seem to have, but again I can look past it. The moderators here do a good job of keeping it under control. I learned pretty quick here that if you offer an opinion you better be able to support it with facts other than feelings, rainbows, and water lillies. To be honest its what makes it the best site out there IMO.

Before I came here years and years ago, I didn't know or understand much about sabermetrics. For the most part I have learned most of what I know from you guys, or things that I have seen here has led me to investigate further. I will say that while I subscribe to the vast majority of it there is some stuff I don't buy into yet (defensive metrics for instance).

Great post. I'll take it one step further and say if I wasn't a member of the OH, I would probably still believe that Nick Markakis is a great player (he's hitting over .300 for Pete's sakes) and would be furious we let him go.

Archived