Drum beat a little louder for Cubs deal

wildcard

We don't know what his M.O. is.

Bottom line is AM didn't sign that mistake....He may be willing to include a few million to get rid of him.

Now, maybe he won't even need to...Who the hell knows.

I was told before that he liked the idea of getting a pitcher on a one year deal to hold a place for the young kids until the deadline and then trade that pitcher.

However, Marquis is on a 2 year deal and it is an expensive 2 year deal....I would hope he is smarter than to take that on...Marquis is awful.

I agree with most of that. Except that we don't know his M. O.

Cubs fans

Is MacPhail more likely to get money in a deal or to send money to the other team in a deal?

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you at least give me a reason other then "i don't think it will happen"?

As I said, we know the rumors of the 4 for 1...We know what the Cubs gave up for Trax...Why don't you think they would give up EPat, who has no place on their team, for Payton, a player they may need and want?

Like W. likes to say ... sometimes you got to go with your gut.;)

I agree with most of that. Except that we don't know his M. O.

Cubs fans

Is MacPhail more likely to get money in a deal or to send money to the other team is a deal?

This is worded wrong.

The question is this...Has AM ever showed a willingness to pay some contract to move a player?

I still don't see how Moore would be in AAA because of this potential trade.

Also, i don't like the idea of vet starters...Hell, if it were me, the rotation would have 2 of Olson, Penn, Albers and potentially Gallagher in it.

But, at least in terms of Trax, he should be on a short leash and cut quickly if the young guys are performing well.

I mean, that is why they are sending Penn down, right?

If we did the 5-2, what would the bench look like?

Tough to say. I am not even sure how it is going to look right now.

I would think right now Payton, Quiroz, Moore and Fahey or Redman are on the bench.

If they trade Payton as part of a deal... and they have to choose between Redmond for CF/OF depth, or Moore for infield/Corner outfield depth... which do you think they would choose?

If they trade Payton as part of a deal... and they have to choose between Redmond for CF/OF depth, or Moore for infield/Corner outfield depth... which do you think they would choose?

Why would this be the choice?

Redman is your 4th OFer....Moore on the corners and the OF...LH or Fahey in the middle and Quiroz at catcher...If anything, trading Payton helps things.

Why would this be the choice?

Redman is your 4th OFer....Moore on the corners and the OF...LH or Fahey in the middle and Quiroz at catcher...If anything, trading Payton helps things.

What did you do with Gibbons? He prevents Moore or Redmond...

Moore and Redman stay until Gibbons come off the restricted list. Then Moore is optioned. Mid year Millar is traded and Moore comes back up.

Archived