Drum beat a little louder for Cubs deal

wildcard

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say that this solely is why this deal may be on hold. I doubt MacPhail is basing Cedeno's worth on spring training, but if he can get him off waivers instead of in a deal for Roberts, why the heck not?

Deciding on the 5th player is the other hold up.

Marquis or Dempster? I'll take Marquis...

This is funny - I actually think they would prefer to give us Marquis. Dempster appears to be doing fairly well this spring. I don't know who costs more (I'm assuming it's Marquis), but either one works IMO. By the time the contract runs out, we'll be getting closer to competing for something.

Would you take Marquis for Payton and Roberts if it included the following 4:

EPat, Murton, Veal, & Ceda.

Then do a follow up deal for a realistic SS.

I think Moore is better off in Norfolk the first half of the year, as opposed to watching from the bench in Baltimore. Huff and/or Roberts is who is blocking him, not Millar. Question for Norfolk is does he play everyday at 1B, 3B or 2B ?

I would be surprised if Marquis were included as well. I am not a fan of his at all, though I wonder just how "overpaid" he is considering what Lohse received.

If AM converts BRob into five prospects while shedding Payton's salary, I'd be very, very pleased - though that seems a bit rich.

There's that word again. With MacPhail, "soon" can mean a month or three...

I dunno...normally BB doesn't say things like this. If his guy is hearing stuff, I'm guessing this might actually have some legs to it.

Of course, your point is well taken. "Soon" for AM could have a different meaning than what most of us think "soon" is! :)

Archived