vs. MARINERS, 8/10

OFFNY

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts on the first two innings.

1) When people talk about this team and complain about the hitting, they don't know what they are talking about. It comes down to 1 thing - starting pitching. THe starters have been AWFUL of late. How many leads are we going to immediately hand back.

We could have won all 3 in ANaheim with good starts. They have to start pitching well consistently. The only guy consistent in the 2nd half - Tillman, has been injured. Glad we are getting him back tomorrow.

2) I was pumped in inning #1 when that ball didn't go out. Coming ino this game, I've been thinking, "We just don't catch any breaks this year (Remember Jones ball the other night off of the top of the wall). Maybe it's not our year. When Lake was going back in the 2nd, I was like, "PUll this one over the fence." Oh well, , at least we aren't down 2 or 3 to 1. Man is Cruz strong. He barely hit that ball and it almost went out - just like Chris Davis.

3) Parra - love the guy. He always makes the pitcher throw a ton of pitches, but my god that throw was unreal.

4) I guess the "don't step out of the box" rule doesn't apply to guys just called up from the minors. I like Lake but was laughing my butt off at how many times he stepped out.

Thoughts on the first two innings.

1) When people talk about this team and complain about the hitting, they don't know what they are talking about. It comes down to 1 thing - starting pitching. THe starters have been AWFUL of late. How many leads are we going to immediately hand back.

We could have won all 3 in ANaheim with good starts. They have to start pitching well consistently. The only guy consistent in the 2nd half - Tillman, has been injured. Glad we are getting him back tomorrow.

2) I was pumped in inning #1 when that ball didn't go out. Coming ino this game, I've been thinking, "We just don't catch any breaks this year (Remember Jones ball the other night off of the top of the wall). Maybe it's not our year. When Lake was going back in the 2nd, I was like, "PUll this one over the fence." Oh well, , at least we aren't down 2 or 3 to 1. Man is Cruz strong. He barely hit that ball and it almost went out - just like Chris Davis.

3) Parra - love the guy. He always makes the pitcher throw a ton of pitches, but my god that throw was unreal.

4) I guess the "don't step out of the box" rule doesn't apply to guys just called up from the minors. I like Lake but was laughing my butt off at how many times he stepped out.

Yes, our pitching has been awful lately.

But there are 7? exceptions to that rule of stepping out of the box.

Archived