Hunter Harvey shut down with elbow discomfort

mdbdotcom

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They just need to get the surgery done with already. I was of the opinion this past off season to trade Harvey while he was still very valuable, oh well...

What?

He is still young and doesn't have to be moved to the 40 man for some time yet.

If he gets cut now instead of last year at this time it doesn't make an appreciable dent in his value.

It's pretty simple, if the Doctors say don't have surgery then you don't have surgery.

What?

He is still young and doesn't have to be moved to the 40 man for some time yet.

If he gets cut now instead of last year at this time it doesn't make an appreciable dent in his value.

It's pretty simple, if the Doctors say don't have surgery then you don't have surgery.

Do you think this surgery helps or hurts his value? He is untradeable until he recovers now. Do you think a 20 year old that was thought to not need surgery is more or less valuable than a 22 year old coming off TJ surgery?

Do you think this surgery helps or hurts his value? He is untradeable until he recovers now. Do you think a 20 year old that was thought to not need surgery is more or less valuable than a 22 year old coming off TJ surgery?

Probably the 22 year old that is pitching well. Since all pitching prospect need surgery.

You were not going to get a team to bite on Harvey as healthy at the end of last season.

Probably the 22 year old that is pitching well. Since all pitching prospect need surgery.

You can't assume he will pitch well. I know it's his shoulder this time around, but how are things working out for Bundy? And it seems to me that Harvey would have been a nice trade piece last offseason.

You can't assume he will pitch well. I know it's his shoulder this time around, but how are things working out for Bundy? And it seems to me that Harvey would have been a nice trade piece last offseason.

Bundy?

Bundy has a "Never seen it before in a baseball player." Calcium buildup in his shoulder.

Don't think that is a very fair comparison.

Bundy is also out of options.

Bundy?

Bundy has a "Never seen it before in a baseball player." Calcium buildup in his shoulder.

Don't think that is a very fair comparison.

Bundy is also out of options.

All I'm saying is, Harvey can't be counted on to come back and be what he was after TJ surgery. The percentages suggest it's a good bet, but with the Orioles luck developing/handling pitching I am not going to hold my breath.

If he does great, If he doesn't it was nothing to do with the Orioles. Just what young pitchers do.

The talk of trading Harvey last offseason or during this season is silly. He was too far away from the bigs and already having arm troubles.

Should Harvey have gotten TJ Surgery a year ago or even early this season is a better argument. I don't think there is a single person on this board that didn't see this coming.

What makes you think anyone would have traded for Harvey last year? He was out with flexor mass discomfort that often leads to where he is right now.

What makes you think anyone would have traded for Harvey last year? He was out with flexor mass discomfort that often leads to where he is right now.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but wasn't Harvey cleared by Andrews after last offseason? Harvey was ready to go and the hype train was getting warmed up until his shin injury at the start of this season right? Again, maybe I am remembering this wrong?

Archived