Is it ok to give up on Miguel Gonzalez?

weams

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I did find odd was that in his first game with the ChiSox, even though he gave up 5 runs in 5 IP, he was hitting 91 on the gun. IIRC he wasn't hitting more than 88 or so in ST. How did he get that extra zip back on his fastball? He still gave up 11 hits, so I think he's toast, I thought it was just odd he regained some of his velocity all of a sudden.

Different Radar gun?

I was shocked one time, I went to Bowie and there was a dozen scouts in the stands scouting one of the opposing pitchers, and everybody had their own gun and I was standing behind a mess of them, watching them, and they were all reading different figures, as much as 5 MPH.

• 2 weeks later...

Miguel Gonzalez is back in the bigs!

The White Sox promoted him to start today against Texas.

They have the 2nd most runs scored in the AL right now (behind BOS) so this will be a good test for him.

5/9/16 @ TEX

5.2 IP

3 H

1 ER

3 BB

4 K

Not exactly what O's fans were hoping for I'd expect. Guess we'll see if he sticks in the rotation for now.

I was happy to see him succeed. Such a nice fellow.

• 4 weeks later...
I am going to say that Buck is the one that wanted Miggy off the team and not Dan.

Why on Earth would Buck not want Miggy on the team? Especially with only a $5m and optionable? Why on Earth would he rather rely on Mike Wright and have no meaningful depth in the minors after him?

Hated the move at the time, and I despise it now. Good clubhouse guy, works hard, solid #3/#4 when he's on his game...and if they were weary of the velocity...he's back in the low 90s. Unlike some other highly paid pitchers on this roster.

So Buck went to Dan and said i am going to have Miggy in the rotation and Dan said no i am getting rid of him. I highly doubt that. Buck and Dan make alot of decisions together yet if something goes wrong many just want to blame Dan. Buck didn't think Kim should be on the roster and then went to Dan and told Dan to find a way to send him down or move him or do you think Dan was watching games and was like that Kim guy should not be on the team.

Archived