Os Sign O'Day for 4 Years - It's official

Nevermore

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now find out how many of those people pay for a ticket because they think O'Day might pitch that day. I'm betting any in the "yes" category have O'Day as their last name.
They buy tickets because they know that, if a reliever is needed in a high-leverage situation, O'Day will be available. I know that this is one reason why I will buy tickets. But what do I know? I'm only a paying customer.

They buy tickets because they know that, if a reliever is needed in a high-leverage situation, O'Day will be available. I know that this is one reason why I will buy tickets. But what do I know? I'm only a paying customer.

I don't disagree with your motivations. Somehow, I believe that you, like me, will go watch any Orioles team that is still technically alive in the hunt the LAST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER!

But if you know that Mychal Givens is there instead and that Jay Bruce is in left field you won't?

Jim_Johnson_on_July_29,_2009.jpg

We loved Jim Johnson. Until we didn't. HE had a cool song too.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0gnsPDkpda8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Most people buy tickets because they kind of like baseball and they think the O's have a good chance of winning. The next highest category may be those who showed up because someone's employer has tickets that found their way into their hands. If you kept everything else the same and replaced Darren O'Day with a random other pitcher attendance would be unaffected. Or, more precisely, the affect would be so deeply buried in the noise that you couldn't tell it was there.

Most people buy tickets because they kind of like baseball and they think the O's have a good chance of winning. The next highest category may be those who showed up because someone's employer has tickets that found their way into their hands. If you kept everything else the same and replaced Darren O'Day with a random other pitcher attendance would be unaffected. Or, more precisely, the affect would be so deeply buried in the noise that you couldn't tell it was there.

I remember when we, the fans, deified John Parrish for a five week period.

I buy tickets because I love the Orioles ...... and sometimes they love me back, like when I got free season tickets for the 2009 season for being "Fan of the Game" on one of the last 3 days of the previous regular season (2008.)

I buy tickets according to what I can afford, regardless of how the Orioles are doing. That way I have no regrets about having spent my time and money on the games, and if the Orioles win, that is the proverbial icing on the cake ...... as opposed to it being the cake itself.

Archived