O's looking at Wade Miley (Acquired for Ariel Miranda)

ChipTait

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's my understanding that we were the only team to offer a fourth year. The rumor was that DD was afraid Boston would go three and that Jiminez would've taken their three over our three. If only we'd been so lucky...

Between that and the Davis extension, my confidence in DD's negotiation skills is not very high.

All that said, I'm pretty pleased with this Miley trade. Seems reasonable.

Davis extension was not DD. That was the owner.

What would Helickson cost? Lots of teams in on him which can't bode well.

I think I saw they want something like 3 or 4 prospects. It's not likely we land him and I'm not sure I'd want him giving up that many prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannon fodder. But better than Ubaldo. Potentially better than Gallardo. Doesn't say much.

Eh, I have a feeling Miranda can put up similar numbers to Wade. For much lead. Maybe I'm too high on him?

I'm not convinced he is more of a major leaguer than Henry and Dariel.

We're getting a little off topic, but I'd like to see a source on this. Obviously, at 150+ million, Angelos was involved in the process, but I've never seen anything to indicate he was the one negotiating the terms of the deal, not Dan. Are you speculating?

I remember reading that it was Angelos. DD had already signed Trumbo for 1st.

I remember reading that it was Angelos. DD had already signed Trumbo for 1st.

I'd still like to see a source on this. I've been searching through old articles and haven't found anything yet. Could very well be true, but some of that seems to be rooted in Angelos' (earned) reputation as a meddler.

Archived