O's looking at Wade Miley (Acquired for Ariel Miranda)

ChipTait

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ms reporters and others saying no $ exchanged hands in deal. So it's just straight Miley for Miranda.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnolly2016) <a href="

">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did we go with a six-man rotation down the stretch in 2012 after we acquired Saunders? It sounds vaguely familiar.

It could help with the lack of off days. Ubaldo hurts our flexibility. We just need to patch this thing together for August. Come September we'll have a lot more roster flexibility and can start yanking starters before they get into trouble.

That's sort of what we did with Saunders and Steve Johnson in 2012.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">miley deal is official. o's get their lefty.</p>? Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="
">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That was a quick medical.

Tillman

Bundy

Gausman

Miley

Gallardo

That's a little better and we gave up nothing. Jimenenz is a real waste.

I could see us start to go to Wilson and Worley sooner in games if the SP's struggle. Oddly enough I could see Ubaldo spot starting. I think all of August will be moving guys around for favorable matchups. Match Miley up with the LH heavy lineups.

I think this should help...frees up Worley or Bundy to go back to the bullpen.

The question I have is why would we want Worley or Bundy back in the pen? Bundy is our #2 starter and I say that knowing he's had what 2 major league starts?

I've never understood why Worley was skipped recently and why he hasn't gotten a better shot. Worley Has a 2.89 ERA.

Trivia question, name the 4 Orioles with an ERA under 3.00. Britton, Brach, Oday and Worley.

Does Buck not think Worley is strong enough to start?

If we have Worley ready for every game Bundy starts and tell Bundy he's not going more than 5, then I'm fine with it.

But I don't get why no wants Worley or Bundy starting? I feel like they've certainly been better than Gausman, Gallardo of late.

The question I have is why would we want Worley or Bundy back in the pen? Bundy is our #2 starter and I say that knowing he's had what 2 major league starts?

But I don't get why no wants Worley or Bundy starting?

I don't have a good answer for Worley, but everyone here wants Bundy to be starting. The issue is his arm and his innings, not his ability.

I'd still like to see a source on this. I've been searching through old articles and haven't found anything yet. Could very well be true, but some of that seems to be rooted in Angelos' (earned) reputation as a meddler.
"his week in Orioles baseball began with the revelation that owner Peter Angelos has become personally involved in the club's attempt to sign free-agent slugger Chris Davis to a rich, long-term contract" http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-schmuck-column-1125-20151124-column.html

no one can be upset. Im not a huge Miley fan but we gave nothing. Pitched 7 innings, 1 er, 9 ks yesterday against CHC...i think tilly, gaus, and bundy if he could go longer in game are only startets who have a chance at thst now.

Archived