at. ATHLETICS, 8/09

Sessh

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We will not win this division with this kindve crappy play on the road. Our division is too tough.

I do think they can hold on and win the division. Their equally out of whack home winning record is still enough to have them (even if they lose tonight) 14 games over .500. They are destroying the AL Central and have a winning record against the rest of the AL East. And while some people have countered that there are other streaky teams, and there certainly are, this one seems defined by streaks. For every seven or five game winning streak, they seem to answer it with losing five of seven right after or something similar. So while the starting pitching seems to have improved, the bats go silent so much that I'm really concerned about any postseason series because it's like an epidemic with the streaky bat - home run or nothing offense.

Basically, let's try to win this division. All bets are off in the postseason. But it takes just one silent bat streak to sink them.

While I type this, Adam gets a single in the 9th. Let's see if they can tie this thing up. EDIT: damned DP :(

Archived