Jump to content

Hardy Already Dealing With Sore Back


Can_of_corn

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don't think the WBC will hurt our readiness for the season.    There's plenty of time.    I just read an article saying that spring training is way longer than the position players need in order to get ready, and is really just for the benefit of the pitchers getting stretched out gradually.  

However, I guess I'll be seeing a lot of minor leaguers when I'm in Sarasota on March 11-18.    

Good for you, enjoy Florida, as OFFNY would say, you BASTARD!

I was supposed to be down there, this spring, but my traveling partner (Son) had a work commitment and couldn't swap it off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Which is why, if I was Buck, Davis stays firmly on first for a majority of the games.

In the hypothetical "Hardy goes down for an extended period" scenario, I'd certainly entertain the idea of Davis at third and Trumbo at first. Trumbo isn't a bad glove over there, at all. And though they're fine in short spells, I'd want to do anything in my power to keep Ryan Flaherty, Chris Johnson or Juan Francisco from being regular additions to the lineup.

Francisco has pretty firm splits. So you could platoon him at DH with Mancini in this hypothetical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

In the hypothetical "Hardy goes down for an extended period" scenario, I'd certainly entertain the idea of Davis at third and Trumbo at first. Trumbo isn't a bad glove over there, at all. And though they're fine in short spells, I'd want to do anything in my power to keep Ryan Flaherty, Chris Johnson or Juan Francisco from being regular additions to the lineup.

Francisco has pretty firm splits. So you could platoon him at DH with Mancini in this hypothetical.

That also has the reverse effect on our DH production then. You going to give Mancini all Trumbo's DH ABs?

 

e: I see you said about a Mancini platoon. I'd still rather have Flash at 3B. We know he's damn solid there. Any RBI is gravy. Leave the GG finalist at 1B and Trumbo hitting hitting hitting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we'd get a huge offensive boost having trumbo Mancini and Davis all in the lineup.

 

Sure, the defense would take a sharp hit with Davis taking over third and trumbo taking over 1st but would the extra offense from Mancini and trumbo playing offset flash or Janish?

 

Is Davis really that bad at third? He's a pretty athletic big guy, I can't imagine the difference between flash and Davis defensively is more significant than Mancini and flash offensively but I guess that's a possibility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Norfolk orioles said:

So we'd get a huge offensive boost having trumbo Mancini and Davis all in the lineup.

 

Sure, the defense would take a sharp hit with Davis taking over third and trumbo taking over 1st but would the extra offense from Mancini and trumbo playing offset flash or Janish?

 

Is Davis really that bad at third? He's a pretty athletic big guy, I can't imagine the difference between flash and Davis defensively is more significant than Mancini and flash offensively but I guess that's a possibility.

First I'll say that Davis isn't bad at third. He's big and good reflexes, great arm. I'm just not ready to anoint Mancini yet like a lot of folks are. He had a great September callup. What have you done for me lately?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Norfolk orioles said:

So we'd get a huge offensive boost having trumbo Mancini and Davis all in the lineup.

 

Sure, the defense would take a sharp hit with Davis taking over third and trumbo taking over 1st but would the extra offense from Mancini and trumbo playing offset flash or Janish?

 

Is Davis really that bad at third? He's a pretty athletic big guy, I can't imagine the difference between flash and Davis defensively is more significant than Mancini and flash offensively but I guess that's a possibility.

If Davis was competent at third the O's would not have needed to call up a 19 year old to play third base in 2012.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, scOtt said:

That also has the reverse effect on our DH production then. You going to give Mancini all Trumbo's DH ABs?

 

e: I see you said about a Mancini platoon. I'd still rather have Flash at 3B. We know he's damn solid there. Any RBI is gravy. Leave the GG finalist at 1B and Trumbo hitting hitting hitting.

Fair. I'm just tired of watching Ryan Flaherty fail at the plate. He brings no value offensively, and I like offensive value out of the corners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...