It's time to go back to a seven man pen

ReclaimTheCrown

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

It's time to stop being cute and trying to win games with a terribly short bullpen. Four up tonight, which included Brach, who we were trying to stay away from. Option Rickard, DFA Gentry, or DFA Kim. Enough.

Maybe the next step is a 5 man pen......

53 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

It's time to stop being cute and trying to win games with a terribly short bullpen. Four up tonight, which included Brach, who we were trying to stay away from. Option Rickard, DFA Gentry, or DFA Kim. Enough.

Buck always seems to be trying to play for the game two days away or next week, which is fine, except when you forget to win the games right in front of you because you have painted yourself into a self created corner of rules about who pitches now and who doesn't.   This is why we lost the playoff last year too because when you manage the same way all year (for the long term) and then you need to make a move out of the preordained box, he can't do it.  

5 hours ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Option Rickard, DFA Gentry, or DFA Kim.

Do this and bring up three pitchers so they all can get burnt out.  Who needs extra players for defense (Gentry) or a bat we do not use (Kim) or a player with no future with this club because he is not worthy of a roster spot (Rickard).

8 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Do this and bring up three pitchers so they all can get burnt out.  Who needs extra players for defense (Gentry) or a bat we do not use (Kim) or a player with no future with this club because he is not worthy of a roster spot (Rickard).

I'm not sure about most of your post. I don't think Gentry or Rickard are going anywhere. It's probably time to remove Kim so he can go somewhere and get a chance to play. Also Nuno probably goes back down because he sucks.

hes pitched in 3 games, all loses and he was a major contributor to the outcome.

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

We've got an incredible amount of junk on the 40 man roster

Blank statement.  You should probably go on  record as to who the JUNK is so when the JUNK turns into Arrieta, members of this board can belittle your post.

2 hours ago, thezeroes said:

My plea is to do one of these things (note the word "or"), but if you want a whole truckload of pitchers go nuts I guess, lol.

While I'm fine with the idea of going to a 7-man pen, for the life of me I don't see how that would have changed the outcome of the last two games.     Unless they've got a 7th guy down there who's the next Zach Britton.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

While I'm fine with the idea of going to a 7-man pen, for the life of me I don't see how that would have changed the outcome of the last two games.     Unless they've got a 7th guy down there who's the next Zach Britton.  

This is the thrust of the whole argument.  There is not another version of the 2016 Zach Britton to be found.  As fans, we are a bunch of "Spoiled Brats".

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

The fact that Nuno is pitching after an off day says it all in a tie game in the 8th inning. That set fans off, obviously had we known that 2 pitchers aren't available then it makes sense. 

There is a trickle down impact of going with a short pen. 

Archived