Who gets promoted mid season?

wildcard

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Hays and Ring. I would also consider Wells to Frederick.

I'm fine with leaving Mountcastle in Frederick for the whole season. Hoping the org comes to its senses and we see a position change in the second half. 

It'll depend on injuries and trades too, but I feel a little confident about the following moves. Maybe not right after the break, but before seasons end, atleast:

- Rosa and Rodriguez to Norfolk

- Hays and Gassaway to Bowie

- Ring and Billingsly to Frederick

I don't really expect any movement of pitchers (Wells to Frederick, for example). Or, if someone does get promoted, it won't be one of the "big" names and will really just be the need for an arm.

Wilkerson can make a strong case for Norfolk, but I see him at Bowie all season. Maybe Norfolk for the final week. Mainly to let him continue playing everyday. Same with Marin. This is also assuming Janish, Sardinas, and Tejada (if he is sent back if Flaherty comes back) stay healthy/don't get traded.

There will be some minor moves (maybe catchers moving around a bit due to the amount of them) and a small week or 2 bump for an injury (like Gassaway earlier,) but that might be it.

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It'll depend on injuries and trades too, but I feel a little confident about the following moves. Maybe not right after the break, but before seasons end, atleast:

- Rosa and Rodriguez to Norfolk

- Hays and Gassaway to Bowie

- Ring and Billingsly to Frederick

I would give Rifaela the nod over Gassaway if a spot opens up in Bowie

Just now, DirtyBird said:

I would give Rifaela the nod over Gassaway if a spot opens up in Bowie

I was leaning that way too, but they are higher on Gassaway than Rifaela right now and it'll be a bit crowded in Bowie. Depending how the trade deadline goes, both could be up there.

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I was leaning that way too, but they are higher on Gassaway than Rifaela right now and it'll be a bit crowded in Bowie. Depending how the trade deadline goes, both could be up there.

There is so much old dead weight in the Norfolk outfield. Should be able to free up space in Bowie by cutting some of that loose.

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

There is no problem with promoting Stewart to AAA to make room for some of these guys.  There should be room for these guys in Bowie. 

I'd promote Jay Gonzalez before Stewart, he's older and less of a prospect, but an interesting fringy 4/5 outfielder guy.  

I'd rather Stewart work on his defense and put the finishing touches on his swing in a positive hitting environment.

Jay Gonzalez on the other hand has no power to be sapped by harbor park, but he's walking almost 17% of the time and needs to be challenged by move advanced pitching.

2 hours ago, phillyOs119 said:

I'd promote Jay Gonzalez before Stewart, he's older and less of a prospect, but an interesting fringy 4/5 outfielder guy.  

I'd rather Stewart work on his defense and put the finishing touches on his swing in a positive hitting environment.

Jay Gonzalez on the other hand has no power to be sapped by harbor park, but he's walking almost 17% of the time and needs to be challenged by move advanced pitching.

Very true. I thought about Gonzalez. I just didn't know if he was getting consistent AB's. There should be room for both Hays and Mountcastle in Bowie. I would keep advancing Mountcastle's bat and not let the glove hold him back. 

Archived