2018 Starting Rotation

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think Vargas would be a repeat of the Ubaldo situation. He isn't this good.

Why so low on Chatwood and so high on Garcia? I feel like when you take away the Coor's Field factor they're basically the same pitcher. In hindsight, I agree that Cobb would be a better target then Chatwood. So Lynn, Cobb, and Chacin would be my top three. 

Check out Vargas since 2010. Very, very consistent. I think the lack of stuff and perception this is a fluky career year also keeps his cost down.

Chatwood's home/road splits are pretty insane. Bump him up for me.

Looking at Chacin and Cahill splits:

Chacin in SD: 1.86 ERA Road: 7.35 ERA

Cahill in Petco: 0.72 Road: 6.30

9 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Some one is going to give Cobb $70- $90 million and it won't be the Orioles.  He is one of the youngest options there is and has proven he can compete at a high level.

I agree and this why I don't get why Verlander is a bad idea. Once again I don't think it will happen but why is having him at 2 years when the team has payroll flexibility such a bad idea? 

Ian Kennedy got a 4/70 deal, Boston after they traded for Porcello signed him to 4/80. 

Add in the fact we have the toughest medicals known to mankind, that isn't exactly something a FA wants to deal with. 

I like Estrada a lot.  The guy knows how to pitch and has one of the best changeups in the game.  His ERA is way above his FIP.  May make him attainable.  I'd give him 3/40. 

Adding Estrada, Cobb and maybe a young starter with some upside in a Brach or Britton trade would be ideal.  

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

I like Estrada a lot.  The guy knows how to pitch and has one of the best changeups in the game.  His ERA is way above his FIP.  May make him attainable.  I'd give him 3/40. 

Adding Estrada, Cobb and maybe a young starter with some upside in a Brach or Britton trade would be ideal.  

Estrada does make some sense. 

Tomlin some as well. He lets up HR's and hasn't been a workhorse. That hurts him. But with our circumstances it is hard to be picky. 

5 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Check out Vargas since 2010. Very, very consistent. I think the lack of stuff and perception this is a fluky career year also keeps his cost down.

If Vargas is affordable then I definitely think it's worth kicking his tires. I just have a feeling he'll be looking for a big pay day. Maybe he'll get it maybe he won't.

And sorry I missed the Lynn note in your first post. My mistake. I wasn't arguing and I'm perfectly fine owning up to a mistake. And I'm sure you didn't need "cumberbundy" to defend your honor ;)

4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

If Vargas is affordable then I definitely think it's worth kicking his tires. I just have a feeling he'll be looking for a big pay day. Maybe he'll get it maybe he won't.

And sorry I missed the Lynn note in your first post. My mistake. I wasn't arguing and I'm perfectly fine owning up to a mistake. And I'm sure you didn't need "cumberbundy" to defend your honor ;)

Awww. No joking with beeelay.

5 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

1. Bundy

2. Tillman

3. ???

4. ???

5. ???

Given the history we have seen with Peter, Dan and Buck, what are best "fits" for the other three spots? Resign Helickson? Is Castro working into being one of those guys?

Forget Tillman. Why isn't Kevin your number 2? I might resign Hellickson as a 5 if he has a good season for the O's. Not sure about Castro. 

Lynn is going to be one of the best pitcher on the market so I don't see us getting him.  Cobb will be too but I'd push harder for him because of his success in the AL East. Let's say we have 43 million to spend this offseason.  I'd target chatwood because he'd come cheaper and his away splits are good. 

Cobb for 4/75 (43-18.75 = 24.25)   Chatwood 3/39 (24.25 - 13 = 11.25)  Scott Feldman 1/6 and Derek Holland (1/5.25)

Gausman 

Cobb

Bundy

Chatwood 

Feldman or Holland 

17 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Chacin is awful. Chatwood should get a nice payday, I'm in.

Archived