The #11 Pick in 2018 draft

Diehard_O's_Fan

I don't know about you guys but I feel that the #11 draft pick is the perfect present for having to endure a frustrating season. It is now up to the Orioles to draft an high impact player. I want to see the Orioles draft a player who can make it to majors in two years or less. The 2017 season will be worth it if this happens. I don't follow college or high school baseball. Will the Orioles have several good options at pick 11?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may or may not be a pitcher, but that is not something I would bet on with any certainty. 

We have a healthy Harvey back in the system (and should reach AA next year) and just drafted a kid who is supposed to be a fast moving HSer in Hall and spent our previous top pick on Sedlock.  

I would have no issue with drafting a pitcher, but we have two high-end young pitchers already in the system plus Sedock. 

17 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Orioles will take the best player available at pick 11. I could see them taking a third basemen, a outfielder or pitcher with their number 11 pick. Those are the areas of need if you ask me.

How is OF an area of need?

This isn’t the NFL draft.  I don’t think teams draft on current areas of need.  It’s a combo of best player / how much money they want.

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

I don't believe they are locked into anything.

Just bet that they'll take a pitcher.

I hope it's a college arm with not too many miles on it.  And if it comes with a good cutter, it doesn't reach for a pen until certain things are understood.

Archived