Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2018

OFFNY

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Natty said:

is Buck throwing darts at a dartboard, or drawing names out of a hat, to determine the leadoff hitter? Serious question...

I don't think it's serious at all!  But, I get your point.  This team has no good options to lead off.  But Mancini is no worse than most of the other options.

On his fielding the ITPHR, I thought Mancini did a terrible job in getting back on the ball and failing to catch it.  He also doesn't come in on balls real well.  He tries hard, but he really is a firstbaseman playing left field.  Mancini should be DH'ing.  Jones should be in right field.  We should have real outfielders in LF and CF.  I hope it will get better when Hays, Stewart, Mullins, etc. are in the OF.  But that's not this year.

27 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Why would you put a guy like Rasmus at DH and play Mancini in the OF?  Is Rasmus injured?

Maybe one of the reporters can ask him postgame, I have no idea.

With that being said I don't expect any of the reporters to ask but it would be nice if it did happen.

The whole point of Rasmus was that he was a good defensive RF. Now I know he's kind of sucking on both sides of the ball right now (looking lazy in the field, striking out with abandon at the plate), but I mean... that was the whole point was you were improving your defense. 

I really like Santander and think he's solid defensively out there, but... if we're just going to play him in the field, WHY DID WE GET RASMUS.

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

The whole point of Rasmus was that he was a good defensive RF. Now I know he's kind of sucking on both sides of the ball right now (looking lazy in the field, striking out with abandon at the plate), but I mean... that was the whole point was you were improving your defense. 

I really like Santander and think he's solid defensively out there, but... if we're just going to play him in the field, WHY DID WE GET RASMUS.

Maybe Rasmus hip isn't fully healed, and he isn't the same fielder he was in the past

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Maybe Rasmus hip isn't fully healed, and he isn't the same fielder he was in the past

He may very well be hurting, we don't know. Ah well. His leash will be one of the shortest on the team after Alvarez. Presley seems like a better option at this point, even. 

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

I don't know.  Maybe the whole idea of Rasmus was having another veteran presence on the team?

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Is a one and a half hipped outfielder better than a first baseman with a left fielder's mitt? Very interesting.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

If that is the case he shouldn't have made the team.

I really liked the idea of him. A little speed, a little power, a little defense. Cheap. Makes a lot of sense on paper. But he looks like he took the last half of last year off, which he of course did. 

Presley and his BABIP inflated BA is looking better and better right now, and that's pretty sad. God I hope Hays rakes down there. Or that Santander gets comfy and starts ripping homers. 

Archived