Ongoing Lineup Thread, 2018

OFFNY

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Except he has tried this many times during his career and I cannot recall a single time he has done it successfully.

He has been practicing it a lot this off-season and in spring training.   We will see how it goes in games.    

I wonder if Chris Davis strikes out his first 4 bats, and is due to lead off the 9th, with a LH'er on the mound and the O's down by one run

Will Buck pinch hit with say Valencia? Would you?

To me the big problem with batting Davis first is he is the most likely to get an extra at bat, and he's just about the last guy I'd like to see hit one more time.

20 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Overreact much? I’m not a fan of the move, but it’s likely another case of rearranging the deck chairs. Take a breath.

Not at all. Davis is a scrub. Shouldn't even be in the lineup let alone leading off. The O's are handcuffed by that bad contract and have to play him. But leading off? No way.

23 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I wonder if Chris Davis strikes out his first 4 bats, and is due to lead off the 9th, with a LH'er on the mound and the O's down by one run

Will Buck pinch hit with say Valencia? Would you?

To me the big problem with batting Davis first is he is the most likely to get an extra at bat, and he's just about the last guy I'd like to see hit one more time.

Won't happen, Twins closer is a righty.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:28 AM, OFFNY said:

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES ))))) (vs. TWINS, 3/29)  )))) [OPENING DAY]  

Chris Davis - 1B

Manny Machado - SS

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Adam Jones - CF

Trey Mancini - LF

Tim Beckham - 3B

Pedro Alvarez, Jr. - DH

Craig Gentry - RF

Caleb Martin Joseph - C

Dylan Matthew Bundy - RHP )) (13-9, 4.24 ERA)

OPPOSINPITCHER

Jacob Todd Odorizzi - RHP )) (10-8, 4.14 ERA) ) * 

* )) (11-11, 3.40 ERA) OOO [TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS]

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

o

Although he has not yet come to the plate, Craig Gentry just did Dylan Bundy a big favor in the top of the 2nd inning.

o

4 hours ago, bird watcher said:

Odorizzi throws more flyballs than Groundballs which could explain going with Gentry over Santander. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=6397&position=P

I realized after I wrote this that my brain broke. LOL.  I was looking at Odorriz's stats when I posted and meant to say that BUNDY and Odorrizi are both more fly ball oriented, hence the need for the best outfield defense.  

4 hours ago, spleen1015 said:

Not at all. Davis is a scrub. Shouldn't even be in the lineup let alone leading off. The O's are handcuffed by that bad contract and have to play him. But leading off? No way.

Good grief. It's the first game of the season. Chill a little bit.

Gentry is an outstanding OFer, and he and Rasmus in a loose platoon in RF is a huge improvement for this team. Rasmus is also an outstanding OFer. Our defense is better for that and it won us a game on opening day. I like that part of the off season moves the most. 

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES ))))) (vs. TWINS, 3/31)

Chris Davis - 1B

Manny Machado - SS

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Adam Jones - CF

Trey Mancini - LF

Colby Rasmus - RF

Tim Beckham - 3B

Anthony Santander - DH

Caleb Martin Joseph - C

Andrew Burton Cashner - RHP )) (11-11, 3.40 ERA) ) * 

* )) (11-11, 3.40 ERA) OOO [TEXAS RANGERS]

OPPOSINPITCHER

Kyle Benjamin Gibson - RHP )) (12-10, 5.07 ERA) 

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

Archived